Rumour Players wants out of Essendon MEGATHREAD - all rumours relating to Dons in here

Remove this Banner Ad

What possible reason would there be for anyone with a brain to think that the only reason why Essendon players are actually signing new deals is so they can get payouts should things go pear-shaped?

Pretty naive to actually conjure up that theory.

I use Hooker's signature announcement today as the example.

Hooker has come off the best season of his career. There was no better intercept marker in any club's defence statistically than he was. Some may even suggest he's not only an outside chance at AA selection as a result, but, also high finishes in the Essendon b and f and the club's most improved player. 12 months ago, he was almost certain to be out the door.

Melksham's new deal is in much the same vein as Hooker.

The real reason behind these new deals? The players have earned it. Nothing more and nothing less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would trade a player who might have to take a two-year suspension? Bit of a risky gamble to want to leave, but nobody might take the risk in having you! Then where would you be? And I can't see other clubs taking a punt on that!

That's great that Key Essendon players have resinged, which ones have put pen to paper since it's all happened?

wrong club man, you want the Saints board.

Rumour starting to build that a number of Essendon players are far from impressed about the prospect of James Hird returning to coach them and this was reinforced by the speech he gave to the players post his ban by the AFL. Went down lile a lead balloon with the speech said to be all about him.

The playing group is said to be fractured with a number of groups forming and at least one talking to lawyers about being released due to breach of contract.

Anyone who has contacts in legal circles will have hear similar rumours I suspect.

I've heard there's a lot of "bad-blood" between em.:eek:

What possible reason would there be for anyone with a brain to think that the only reason why Essendon players are actually signing new deals is so they can get payouts should things go pear-shaped?

Pretty naive to actually conjure up that theory.

I use Hooker's signature announcement today as the example.

Hooker has come off the best season of his career. There was no better intercept marker in any club's defence statistically than he was. Some may even suggest he's not only an outside chance at AA selection as a result, but, also high finishes in the Essendon b and f and the club's most improved player. 12 months ago, he was almost certain to be out the door.

Melksham's new deal is in much the same vein as Hooker.

The real reason behind these new deals? The players have earned it. Nothing more and nothing less.

Vitamin C only, of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Players wants out of Essendon MEGATHREAD - all rumours relating to Dons in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back