Players who should get delisted or drafted

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with most of the names popped up apart from the lonie, rocca comment.... but there is one that really is quite confusing to me, he goes by the name of mcgough. I have never quite understood why he doesnt get a consistent game. Every time he plays he gets 20 odd possies and sure a few are ineffective, but this can be worked on. the kid is a ball magnet just simply knows how to find it, players like him are hard to find. i'd like us to give him another year and play him more consistently.

and a little bit off the topic but i was reading the herald sun recently and i stumbled across ryan lonie being listed amongst the top most intimidating players in the comp up their with the likes of barry hall, does anyone want to explain this to me :confused: :confused:

McGough gotta be injured, only explanation. They must be managing his OP

Akermanis said on triple M that is was a Brisbane joke to get Lonie into the intimidating players list. apparently 20 of them voted for him or something. Good to see they take that kinda this seriously.

Williams, Kinnear and Lokan would have to be the three most certain to be delisted, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Lokan still running around in a Collingwood jumper next year. Out of those three Lokan is probably the only player that might have a shred of trade value, although it wouldn't be much.

O'Bree I'd like to try and get something for in a trade situation, if he can see out the season in the same fashion he went about the Fremantle game then perhaps his value might increase. McGough might find his name being thrown around again in trade talks, I'd be sorry to see him go but based on last year's trading period it's a definite possibility.

We'll persist with Rhyce Shaw, he's had a fairly good month of football and seems to be taking the steps to bury the ghosts of last year's Grand Final. I wont be disappointed to see any or all of Williams, Kinnear, McKee or Lokan depart at the end of the year.

rychenroller said:
Akermanis said on triple M that is was a Brisbane joke to get Lonie into the intimidating players list. apparently 20 of them voted for him or something. Good to see they take that kinda this seriously.

We are officially a joke to them.

jabso said:
The only way I'd trade Rocca is to get a Judd or a Luke Ball and a draft pick.

What club would be stupid enopugh to give Judd or Ball and a pick for Rocca?

Delist:
BK
McKee
Williams
Also think a youngster will go. Someone like Mullins or Shack.

Lokan will stay he does well in the forward line.

FIGJAM said:
I would comfortably give up Rocca for either one of Hawthorn's first picks.

You would have to consider it but just because rocca has had a off year doesn't mean he should be traded. I think on his day Rocca is one of the best forwards in the comp and a match winner so that is enough to hold on to him.

i dont think they should get rid of rocca
sure he has had a poor year, but look at the club as a whole, it has been completely woeful from the first preseason game and is only now just beginning to arc up, about 6 weeks to late

rocca should be kept at the club for next season

jabso said:
MUST GO
1. Bennifer
2. Randy
SHOULD GO
3. Stunning
SORRY
4. Bowman
5. King or Shackleton

Rookie Delistings:
Benson, Fanning (maybe)

POSSIBLE TRADE BAIT
O'Bree, Lonie, Davis, McGough, Swan, R.Shaw.

We should try to clear 6 or so spots to make way for 5 recruits and the promotion of Maxwell.
We should keep Leonard and Crowe on rookie list and try and pick up Luke Jarrad on the rookie list.

Don't think we would get much for Shaw, or O'Bree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what about mcgough is he worth keeping if not what would we get for him
and which players are almost out of contract

Must be delisted....must not play another senior game: McKee, Lokan, Kinnear, Williams.

I was against cheesy for most of the season, but his last 2 games have been ok, much better than some of the other suspect ones. McGough MUST be given more game time. Crow should play in place of McKee for the last two, just to see.

I would delist/trade most of the following

In groups:

Hasbeens
McKee Williams Kinnear

Experienced players
Davis O'Bree (form's been good so they still have trade value)

Second/third year players
Shackleton, Nixon, Swan, McGough.

Thats nine names. I'd remove at least six of these players off the list to make room for the next batch.

hotpie said:
I would delist/trade most of the following

In groups:

Hasbeens
McKee Williams Kinnear

Experienced players
Davis O'Bree (form's been good so they still have trade value)

Second/third year players
Shackleton, Nixon, Swan, McGough.

Thats nine names. I'd remove at least six of these players off the list to make room for the next batch.

Mckee - Should be able to get something for a proven ruckman
Wiliams & Kinnear - couldn't trade them for 2lbs of belly button lint
Davis - maybe to a WA team, played a craker against Freo
O'Bree - done a good job getting his value up the last couple of weeks, maybe in a mix for Joel Smith???
Shak - the the best for Willi again, give him aother year
Nixon - couple of good games for Willi, pitty he is sick (Kidney stones?)
Swan - not worth much IMO
McGough - MM obviously doesn't want him. Should get something for him. Bit like Scooter, needs to play somewhere else.

Presti_is_god said:
What club would be stupid enopugh to give Judd or Ball and a pick for Rocca?

I wouldn't want to see Rocca go for Ball alone. Even though realistically that won't happen let alone with a draft pick.
A high draft pick and Rocca for Judd wouldn't be bad but I think Judd will stay with Eagles and they probably wouldn't want this. If they were to trade Judd they'd go after Tarrant.

all these players should be used in trades or delisted

J Cloke
Rocca
McKee
Lokan
Kinnear
Williams
Obree
Davis
McGough

rychenroller said:
What value do you place on Lokan? I cant stand watching him turn it over or clanger it, or get run down everytime he gets it anymore.

I like him for some reason. He's got ticker and he's got pace. Paul Licuria took a long time to develop into a top liner and Lokan has a similar skill-set to him. I'd keep him another season but he's on a razor's edge.

GreekLunatic said:
lokan i hope he goes he and mcg are the turn over kings

If turn overs was the criteria for getting rid of someone Cole would be gone tomorrow.

Definates to go
McKee
Kinnear
Williams
Nixion
Shackelton

We have to mandatorily delist 5.

Maxwell onto the senior list permanantly

Trade
Davis (to WCE for Wirra - big rumour)
O'Bree
McGough
Mullins

Possible to move
Woey either back to Melb or back to the West (or stay its up to him)

Trade with PA for Salopek
Take Smith if he is available
Take 4 or 5 draftees

Consider putting Crow on the senior list

Murray said:
Davis (to WCE for Wirra - big rumour)

Interestingly in the after match interview after the Freo game Leon was asked about his great game. He said something along the lines of " I wanted to play well because I'm home here in Perth". Its almost as if he was trying to impress the locals so he could return home.

hotpie said:
Interestingly in the after match interview after the Freo game Leon was asked about his great game. He said something along the lines of " I wanted to play well because I'm home here in Perth". Its almost as if he was trying to impress the locals so he could return home.

The rumour is he has sold his house here in Melb.
Both he and Wirra have a year to run on their respective contracts.
Wirra wants to come home because of a very sick relo.
Straight swap.

Yep I know only a rumour but the selling of the house bit appears to be true.
Remember when Willo went to Sydney he sold his house months before the deal was officially done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Players who should get delisted or drafted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back