$$$ Pledge Donations $$$ (was Football Dept)

Remove this Banner Ad

How much is it to rent one of those massive billboards in the city?

You could stick a huge anti-gold coast poster up there for a couple of weeks if you raise enough money.

An idea anyway.

I know I gave a few of you some grief on the main board but I'm happy to give some cash. I just want to know what it is going to be used for first

I know I gave a few of you some grief on the main board but I'm happy to give some cash. I just want to know what it is going to be used for first
pharro will probably send you a PM. You will have a choice of four options. Your choice is kept confidential I believe, or you are more than welcome to have a say on what else it could be used for.

Ok - caught up a tad now, always loved the passion on this board and feeling inspired by the energy. We have to do something.

I am good for $100.

Maybe we can get that woman that went all teary and you tubey over Brittany to do a sequel - she could wail - leave North Melbourne alone etc.

Anyone happy to ambush the current federal election if it ever heads down to Melbourne?

There will not be a dry eye in the house if it ever gets to the day when Sutcliffe's Hotel has to call last drinks...

Hey North Melbourne supporters.

This is a great idea and something I would want to contribute to, even though I don't even support your team and I am completely cash-strapped at the moment.

Once you guys have finalised your strategies on how the money will be spent, it would be well worth your while for one of your most respected posters to post on each of the club boards and outline your plan. You'd probably double your revenue as passion, commitment, and little people fighting against an unpopular corporate machine are always emotive subjects, especially with other marginalised clubs like the Doggies, et al.

all the best, keep me informed on how the money will be spent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earlier today there was a suggestion that this fund could be diverted to purchase advertising space in the media to ask key questions of the NMFC board. Another use of the money was made later today, that we could fund a mail out to members and shareholders leading in to the next election at the forthcoming AGM. I will PM each of you on this list to gather your thoughts.

Put me in for $50 (apologies not more, its literally almost all I can afford at the moment.)

Now...

Forgive me for not replying to this earlier - it is the business end of university, and as I'm sure many of you can relate to, my time is becoming more and more precious ;)

Anyway, the idea of taking out a full page advertisement in The Herald Sun or the Australian newspapers is amazing. I'm suprised it wasn't thought of earlier.

1) It generates a massive amount of publicity for the Anti-GC movement, and shows the non-bigfooty world that the NMFC members are not simply rolling over and dying (because lets face it, how much would the average punter who doesn't come to BF actually be aware of whats going on?)

2) It generates free media. This is the biggest positive outcome from undertaking such a course of action. Barring some huge story (like Cousins busted again or something), it would be the story of the day in Melbourne, and would also be likely to be mentioned on shows like Sports Tonight/similar foxtel shows.

WHAT WE NEED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN

1) A designated spokesperson willing to field media inquiries. This person needs to be a clear-spoken, non-feral individual. Anything else does more harm than good.

2) In the advertisement, we need to have a clearly defined plan for saving the club. Give readers instructions on how to purchase memberships or at the very least, give them the mail address of Demetriou and Mark Dawson/whoever is the seemingly pro-GC board members, and tell them to voice their respectful disapproval of the plan to relocate the NMFC

In fact, this idea is so good, i'm thinking it needs a seperate thread, so i'm not hijacking this one. Look out for it in a few moments, and reply to it there.

Remove this Banner Ad

$$$ Pledge Donations $$$ (was Football Dept)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back