$$$ Pledge Donations $$$ (was Football Dept)

Remove this Banner Ad

i am also going to buy a membership for myself (the same as last year since i am not able to come to games (only if i visit australia would i come to see the roos play again, i saw them play in LA in 2006).

i am also going to buy a membership for myself (the same as last year since i am not able to come to games (only if i visit australia would i come to see the roos play again, i saw them play in LA in 2006).

You sir, are a hero. This man is in the united states and is fighting to keep north in melbourne. Kinda shows what a broad audience we could appeal to. Have me down for 100 as well guys.

Just caught up with this, this morning. If the money is going to be used to raise awareness of our situation and therefore help to save the club, then count me in for $100 too.

BTW, I'm not sure if we have some media savvy people on the board, or perhaps more importantly people with links into the media, but we may be able to build on the campaign by getting a bit of free coverage in the media as well. A feel good story so to speak.

I'll pledge $100 - I don't post very often but enjoy the banter on this forum. It just wouldn't be the same if they were playing in another state. My daughter is only 1 and I want her to experience the thrill of watching North Melbourne in Melbourne and not some pretend version of the team we all know and love.

You sir, are a hero. This man is in the united states and is fighting to keep north in melbourne. Kinda shows what a broad audience we could appeal to. Have me down for 100 as well guys.
thanks
you can also thank the kangaroos for getting to the 1999 Preliminary Final, the first footy game i saw on tv. it was on what is now MHZ Network here. i still have the tape i use to tape part of the game (the showing would have been over at 11:00pm). i found it some time ago. read more about me here
http://www.worldfootynews.com/article.php/20070816024136121
yes i know i have talk about this in the past but it helps when it come to references about me being a footy fan.

havent been on much lately, but i think the best way to spend this money is to get ad space in the newspaper.

This will:

Give exposure to our cause.
Non BF people will be aware of the situation and will want to chip in.

Make our agenda look fairdinkum
Apply pressure on the club to come out with it.

Two Courses of action:

Get our best poster to e-mail the issue of the GC to SEN so we can get on the your shout segment from 3-4 pm on a thursday.

After we get some ad space, float it on SEN as well and hopefully they will promote it.

Earlier today there was a suggestion that this fund could be diverted to purchase advertising space in the media to ask key questions of the NMFC board. .

Consider a camera crew and all related video production equipment pledged. Can throw in a Final Cut Pro edit suite if needed.

HDV, DVCAM, DigiBeta, SP, SX, HD or HD-SR available on the cameras.

Just say the word.:thumbsu:

Just caught up with this, this morning. If the money is going to be used to raise awareness of our situation and therefore help to save the club, then count me in for $100 too.

BTW, I'm not sure if we have some media savvy people on the board, or perhaps more importantly people with links into the media, but we may be able to build on the campaign by getting a bit of free coverage in the media as well. A feel good story so to speak.
Yep, I'll kick in $100.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sad thing is this......

This is great but the 75-100 people that post on here will buy a membership and will turn up to games each week and do donate cash to the club........
It's the 7500-10000 that don't buy a membership and don't turn up to games that should be donating to keep the club alive....

Always left to the few that really give a dam......

I am not sure how most feel on here but to me the light at the end of the tunnel seems to just get smaller and smaller....

$5000 = approx 33 memberships....

Keep up the good work guys....:thumbsu: (If the light becomes a ray of sunshine then it is people on here the club should thank)...

I broadly support the idea, but am not prepared to commit funds until we have the debate on how it will be spent.

To be honest it p1sses me off that we even have to consider diverting what should be valuable football department money to a campaign to get our board to be honest with the supporters. But thats the way it's looking.

Put me down for $100. Might i suggest some of the funds be allocated to a consultation with a legal expert in "constitutioinal law" (no Castle or Dennis Denuto jokes please). There might be some legal avenue available to enable members to get a say on relocation? Just a thought.

Put me down for $100. Might i suggest some of the funds be allocated to a consultation with a legal expert in "constitutioinal law" (no Castle or Dennis Denuto jokes please). There might be some legal avenue available to enable members to get a say on relocation? Just a thought.

Corporate lawyer.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.....forget spending the money buying memberships or equipment for the gym etc. Thats all skirting around the edges.
Events, mailouts, general rousing of the North Melbourne membership base towards the cause is whats required. This money needs to be used to get members aware of what is going on and get them onboard

I agree wholeheartedly with this.....forget spending the money buying memberships or equipment for the gym etc. Thats all skirting around the edges.
Events, mailouts, general rousing of the North Melbourne membership base towards the cause is whats required. This money needs to be used to get members aware of what is going on and get them onboard

A direct mail-out to current members could be a good way of harnessing support. People need to feel there is some hope (in short supply recently). If we could get enough members together and then maybe work in with Joseph, De Rauch, Ansett etc then perhaps we can make a better fight of it.

As i mentioned earlier we should be using this money to create awareness first not memberships or the footy department.

Use of SENS your shout episode and an advertisement in the herald sun should be the first action.

Develop awareness and understanding in the community so that we get a big target audience so it can be a team effort, rather than 100 BF posters who will always be true north people.

Its about getting the fringe/bandwagon fans to put some coin into the club.

Make mine $200 if we are putting it towards the fight.

As sad at is is, much needed football department spending takes a back seat now.
(probably have to pay the money pretty soon so we are ready to act quickly)

If the NMFC Board approved a relocation, or appeared to be in the process of such, would the NMFC be obliged to provide to a registered "Keep North in Melbourne" group the register of members for the specific purpose of a mail out to provide the alternate view? My experience hasn't been great in this area.

I'm not sure whether a mailing list would be easy to get our hands on Limerick.

But my personal opinion is probably that we need to try and get wider coverage anyway. As previously posted, we need to try and get the message out to as many people as possible, some of whom may not already be members or financially supporting the club.

There is proabably quite a large pool of people who are complacent about the club. If they are made aware of the fact that they may just lose their club, then I feel sure there will be many sparked into action.

The sad thing is this......

This is great but the 75-100 people that post on here will buy a membership and will turn up to games each week and do donate cash to the club........
It's the 7500-10000 that don't buy a membership and don't turn up to games that should be donating to keep the club alive....

Always left to the few that really give a dam......

I am not sure how most feel on here but to me the light at the end of the tunnel seems to just get smaller and smaller....

$5000 = approx 33 memberships....

Keep up the good work guys....:thumbsu: (If the light becomes a ray of sunshine then it is people on here the club should thank)...

Your point is valid, Wellsfan. However, even on this thread there are generous people stepping up with their pledges that I have never seen posting on here before, or rarely. Why?

You'd have to ask them I suppose and if any of them read this, please respond. However, I suggest the reason is the CRUNCH is coming very soon now and they sense it like we all do. They are motivated to save their footy club.

If this response is capitalised on in the general public by people who know how to do these things well, we could have lots and lots of previously uncommitted North Melbourne supporters pledging support.

I'm really encouraged by this. Today is shaping as a much better day than yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

$$$ Pledge Donations $$$ (was Football Dept)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back