Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And 80% of the population sit to the right of you on the Political spectrum, I willingly admit I lean to the right....you however...
I'd say about 50% sit to the right of me, and about 50% to the left.

You have about 5% to the right of you, on a good day, and 95% to the left. Of those 95%, I'd say 15% are the left wing nutjobs (mostly Greens), and 80% are reasonably close to the centre. Some of that 80% will be to the right of me, some will be to the left.

I'd say about 50% sit to the right of me, and about 50% to the left.

You have about 5% to the right of you, on a good day, and 95% to the left. Of those 95%, I'd say 15% are the left wing nutjobs (mostly Greens), and 80% are reasonably close to the centre. Some of that 80% will be to the right of me, some will be to the left.
Gees you post shit and I’m 100% certain of that.

Your comments about Wingard surprise me, given how much he’s struggled on the front bench so far. Maybe I’m factoring his lacklustre career at channel 10 in that as well though, and he may be more suited as a backbencher serving his local electorate (ala Frances Bedford in Florey).

Yeah, as a local member he's good - if the Brighton Rugby club and the Oaklands Crossing get fixed on his watch, he'll get some shine. On the front bench, not so much.

I'd say 15% are the left wing nutjobs (mostly Greens)

Hey!

:rolleyes:

Of course you'd say that...

because it's all a conspiracy

Of course you'd say that...
I'm well to the left of you, there's no debate about that. The problem is that you're way out on the far right, and you think you're reasonably close to centre (albeit right of centre). Your perspective is completely out of whack, as a result of being so far off-centre.

Last edited:
I'm well to the left of you, there's no debate about that. The problem is that you're way out on the far right, and you think you're reasonably close to centre (albeit right of centre). Your perspective is completely out of what, as a result of being so far off-centre.
Especially when you sit on the right hand side of Genghis Khan and Attila the Hun.

LOL You're a dead set lefty as any objective person that observed this thread would soon ascertain and no amount of your bullshit will change that.
Like I said, your perspective is out of whack. You have no idea of where the centre lies.

Have a laugh at this:
https://www.news.com.au/finance/wor...d/news-story/9b59e27dc3ddb272cb0dff153dbb16d3

PepsiCo are giving employees the option of "swapping out" Australian Public Holidays for other days which are more culturally appropriate to them. This means that someone with Chinese heritage could take Chinese New Year off, or a Jewish person could take a day to celebrate Yom Kippur.

So far, so good...

Except that the Anglo-Saxon religious holidays (Christmas & Easter) are non-negotiable. Labor Day and Melbourne Cup Day, on the other hand, are now negotiable. This makes no sense - those aren't culturally linked to Anglo/Saxon heritage, they're something which is uniquely Australian.

Of the holidays which are negotiable, only one is culturally linked - Queen's Birthday. I'm all for swapping that one out, and coming up with something that's actually relevant to Australia and Australians.

What PepsiCo are doing is actually a really good idea, it's just implemented in a really dumb way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a laugh at this:
https://www.news.com.au/finance/wor...d/news-story/9b59e27dc3ddb272cb0dff153dbb16d3

PepsiCo are giving employees the option of "swapping out" Australian Public Holidays for other days which are more culturally appropriate to them. This means that someone with Chinese heritage could take Chinese New Year off, or a Jewish person could take a day to celebrate Yom Kippur.

So far, so good...

Except that the Anglo-Saxon religious holidays (Christmas & Easter) are non-negotiable. Labor Day and Melbourne Cup Day, on the other hand, are now negotiable. This makes no sense - those aren't culturally linked to Anglo/Saxon heritage, they're something which is uniquely Australian.

Of the holidays which are negotiable, only one is culturally linked - Queen's Birthday. I'm all for swapping that one out, and coming up with something that's actually relevant to Australia and Australians.

What PepsiCo are doing is actually a really good idea, it's just implemented in a really dumb way.
No point people working on Christmas or Easter because no one else is. Business shuts down completely.

Having some random worker pop in and do... what? Sit there by themselves. Unsupervised. Get on the phone to... no one.

Single days dotted around the year that are adjacent to normal work days are easier.

No point people working on Christmas or Easter because no one else is. Business shuts down completely.

Having some random worker pop in and do... what? Sit there by themselves. Unsupervised. Get on the phone to... no one.

Single days dotted around the year that are adjacent to normal work days are easier.
Same goes for the other public holidays.

Nothing to see here......

Just think how much the lack of consultation with all key parties has cost the taxpayer & the patients care.

I also shook my head when the premier announced this week that they will spend $4m to move the chest clinic outpatient services into Nrah, as their idiot leader wanted them to stay where they were (over the road from the old rah) & this has led to complaints about being disjointed with inpatient care.

Great the libs are fixing this, but shouldn't have happened it the first place.

Next I will watch with interest whether they properly fix the women's & children's on site or continue labor's half arsed plan to move only the women's services, making the kids services unviable.

Same goes for the other public holidays.
No it doesn't. All businesses are still functioning as per normal. Monday holiday then Tuesday it's all cylinders firing. It's one day.

Christmas things won't fire up again til after New Years more than a week later.

I don’t have a problem with that, do you?

Ultimately the ESL has been halved, meaning we all pay less on a levy that Labor treated as a cash cow.

If they’ve then got to use some of the general revenue for some of their commitments who cares?

Can’t see a problem with it. As long as the emergency services get adequately funded.

Can’t see a problem with it. As long as the emergency services get adequately funded.

So much this. The whole ESL levy was brought in to fund Emergency Services. I know General Revenue is a washing machine of funds, but when we get slugged an ESL, then the Emergency Services complain about cutbacks ... well, this is why we're cynical isn't it?

So much this. The whole ESL levy was brought in to fund Emergency Services. I know General Revenue is a washing machine of funds, but when we get slugged an ESL, then the Emergency Services complain about cutbacks ... well, this is why we're cynical isn't it?
There is no doubt Labor used it as a cash cow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back