Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have a problem with that, do you?

Ultimately the ESL has been halved, meaning we all pay less on a levy that Labor treated as a cash cow.

If they’ve then got to use some of the general revenue for some of their commitments who cares?

It's not actually half

For median priced residential properties yes, but for many others, no.

ESL revenue is about $300 million a year and Liberals are looking at reducing it by 90 mill.

It's about 30% or so.

Dear God we need to get rid of this mob of imbeciles before they can do any more damage to this country.
It isn't going to happen, its the young Liberals. Like Get up with out the hate.

But selling ABC (not that i am for it) would hardly be damaging the country. They are already censored.

It isn't going to happen, its the young Liberals. Like Get up with out the hate.

But selling ABC (not that i am for it) would hardly be damaging the country. They are already censored.
Unfortunately it's not just the Young Liberals. The Canberra Times describes the Liberal Party Council as their "peak council".

They're just demonstrating why they should rule Australia - they are after all "the cream of society". Rich, thick, and full of clots.

Do you believe the ABC and it's Commentators are bi-partisan in the line they push Politically? You only need to follow the personal Social Media platforms of the ABC's Commentators to know what side of the Political fence they sit. It's hard to find 1 permanently employed ABC Commentator that's even right leaning let alone Conservative.

I've got no problem with that view, I just don't understand how privatising it would work in practice. How would it end up being different to any other commercial station?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really needed a good laugh on such a dull and miserable day, thanks for that Dr.Julia Baird, you've clearly missed your calling....comedy beckons.

You do realise that the LNP have been busily stacking the entire ABC board with conservatives, every time a vacancy has come up?

You mean undoing some of the previous Labor Governments leftist stacked Board appointments yeah?
Stop deflecting.
  1. She was countering an argument that there are no "mainstream or conservative" managers, presenters, etc.
  2. You said she was wrong (accusing her of being a comedy act).
  3. The facts prove that she is correct, and you are wrong.

In your alternate Universe maybe, not in the real world. Name 1 truly Conservative presenter/Commentator on the ABC with their own program?
Like she said... they're professional enough that they don't disclose which way they lean.

I can probably find the list of Liberal board appointees, if you want me to start there?

Not if you listened to the video, that's not the reason they gave and this came about after testing so I'd say what you suggest is unlikely the reason.

They don't really specifically say anything in the video though as the potential cause.

To me it makes no sense because trams are powered by overhead cables and not the tracks themselves. Maybe when they were doing the testing, one of the testers had a brainwave about what could potentially happen should one of the cables sever and make contact with a rail?

Who knows, but if something has been identified or they want to make sure that it's 100 percent safe then it's good that it's being rectified.

I hardly see it as some sort of political scandal, I doubt it's even big enough to be called a storm in a teacup.

Like she said... they're professional enough that they don't disclose which way they lean.

I can probably find the list of Liberal board appointees, if you want me to start there?

That is literally the weakest argument ever. It's like Kristof saying, "you don't know how I vote because I'm a centrist". Not knowing without definitive proof how someone has voted doesn't mean we cannot draw reasonably accurate conclusions of their leanings.

Simple question. Do you know Bicks voted for? If not, how do you know which side of the fence he leans on? It's a mystery to me without having access to his voting slips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back