Autopsy Poop v port

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s going on with Philips why is he not playing, not fit?, working on parts of his game?, carrying an injury?
I just don’t understand his non selection….
He's just not that good, everyone needs to get over the excuses, we botched one a la Paddy Dow. Just a limited footballer who had no place at Pick 3, doubly so with limited to no game form due to COVID in his draft year. We went on his form as a 17yo and he clearly peaked then.

He's just not that good, everyone needs to get over the excuses, we botched one a la Paddy Dow. Just a limited footballer who had no place at Pick 3, doubly so with limited to no game form due to COVID in his draft year. We went on his form as a 17yo and he clearly peaked then.
Iirc no one rated him top 10 and when we picked him it was a surprise to other clubs sums us up really

I cannot believe posters on here saying look the effort is there, it's just the list is shit.

Sorry I don't accept the former, and yes agree with the latter. The lack of effort and pressure even whilst the skills may be lacking is the glaring thing for me. We had something like 8 players without a tackle vs St Kilda, they had 2. How we are losing the tackle count by 20 or so each week when we're doing all the chasing is beyond me.

There was a play deep in the last when Rozee had it at their HB line, ran to link up on the wing, then ran to create front and square option deep forward. We don't do that.

Iirc no one rated him top 10 and when we picked him it was a surprise to other clubs sums us up really

No one rated him top 10 is a bit of revisionist history ...

The 2020 draft is littered with busts. I still think Phillips becomes a player. He may not be Judd, but he also ain't Richard Tambling and there are some very real disruptions he's had in the first years of his career.

I really wish we'd found a way to trade into another first round pick in last year's draft though ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230514-092204.png
    Screenshot_20230514-092204.png
    571.7 KB · Views: 83
I'll see the dessert course as Phillips over McDonald.
Be waiting for a long time. Would love to be horribly wrong in this but that was a deplorable. Shit decision. Not a slight on will at all as he’ll become something for us and I back him in But that was a shocker. One of the all time great recruitment blunders. And we’re still Paying for it.
At the time I was incredulous, hasn’t changed years later. To read posts saying we’re crying out for a kpf is just salt in the wound.

A good start would be actually playing the kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everytime I post this I get howled down in here
It happens. Some think the club can do no wrong and others think it’s an unfair dig on Will. Emotions and opinions, it’s how it is.
I like will, I think he’ll be a good player but I thought then and always will think we should have taken McDonald.

We don’t like them lol
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

If we go best available early does that mean no kpf again in the next draft? There must be one out there who we can get. Do we offer King from GC a Boyd type contract. We need a bloody higher end key forward from somewhere.

It happens. Some think the club can do no wrong and others think it’s an unfair dig on Will. Emotions and opinions, it’s how it is.
I like will, I think he’ll be a good player but I thought then and always will think we should have taken McDonald.
We desperately need a kpf so do we draft another midfielder. what happens at the end of this year and we finish bottom do we take Reid?

I'd generally agree, but the injuries he's had that have basically cost him 2 years, and the glandular fever are pretty fair excuses. I recall it took Malcolm Blight a good 18 months to get over glandular fever and that Pearce bloke from Carlton back in the 90's, it virtually finished his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back