Autopsy Poop v port

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t want to jump on the doom and gloom band wagon…..but I will. We are literally losing a whole generation of supporters at the moment - kids (like mine) who are sick of losing and have no interest in following the terrible wooden spoon challenging team since they were born. Also the reason why Gold Coast will never succeed.

Don’t want to jump on the doom and gloom band wagon…..but I will. We are literally losing a whole generation of supporters at the moment - kids (like mine) who are sick of losing and have no interest in following the terrible wooden spoon challenging team since they were born. Also the reason why Gold Coast will never succeed.

Met a North Member who was born in 2000 the other day

His highlight was the * 2015 Final

By 23, I had seen 75 and 77, and went to the 78 GF, and seen Greig and Glendinning win Brownlows

We're like a young bloke with PE at the moment.

Go full bore trying to keep up with our partner and spaff our wad in the first quarter just trying to keep things even.

Then play catch up for the last 3/4s completely out of stamina.

This is as long as the disappointment of 23 years of nothingness, false dawns and thrashings. Please…70 points…2 weeks ago it was 90. It’s garbage and you know it
bit that really pi$$es me off, 3 years ago our skills were deplorable, congaline of coaches delistings etc etc, and we still have a list of blokes that handball to the feet of others, kick straight to the oppo, illustrated so profoundly by none other than our co captain, how about we all chip in and get mcdonald a few counting lessons, an appointment to spec savers and some kicking lessens because i swear he either cant see , cant count , cank ick or a combination of the lot because he picks out a lop sided contest every time.

and before we blame the coachs some of these blokes have to take responsibility for their own poor skills and take the time to address them. this is before we even look at the game plan because do gameplan in the world is going to work when you yield possession to the opposition all the time.

Last edited:

No point deluding ourselves, this is 100% happening and we need to be very aware of it as it is potentially a huge problem going forward. We might have patience as adults to endure this period of shitness but I feel our fanbase already skews on the older side and we have a big gulf in younger supporters.

I'm in my 20's and other than people on here I personally only know one other North Melbourne supporter that is around my age and not a family member (and they are only a friend of a friend).

As for comparable clubs in terms of membership size I know quite a few St Kilda & Bulldogs supporters around my age and this is despite their low levels of historical success relative to ours.

Only anecdotal I know but concerning nonetheless.

What's worse is a whole generation of future draftees have grown up being taught North are a rabble who no one wants to play for. JHF has shown them they can walk out after a year.

No point deluding ourselves, this is 100% happening and we need to be very aware of it as it is potentially a huge problem going forward. We might have patience as adults to endure this period of shitness but I feel our fanbase already skews on the older side and we have a big gulf in younger supporters.

I'm in my 20's and other than people on here I personally only know one other North Melbourne supporter that is around my age and not a family member (and they are only a friend of a friend).

As for comparable clubs in terms of membership size I know quite a few St Kilda & Bulldogs supporters around my age and this is despite their low levels of historical success relative to ours.

and 25 years of shitness hardly making a dent in that.

It’s generational failure across 23 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the last Q of Blues v Dogs. We literally have no one who plays with the intensity and pace of the majority of players out there. Our handballs are loopy garbage, at best, we are miles off even these 2 middle of the road, or bottom part of the 8, sides.

Third to fifth efforts are non existent at our club

Watch Caleb D

Smallest guy out there but chases from start to end

What's worse is a whole generation of future draftees have grown up being taught North are a rabble who no one wants to play for. JHF has shown them they can walk out after a year.

To add on to the generational aspect social media has absolutely ****ed us and played a huge part.

"lol norf should fold" "ship them off to Tassie" are about the only commentary the vast majority of casual footy fans read about us, and now that is what they and anyone else with a budding interest in the sport of footy associate with North Melbourne. That's why those that say we should just ignore those comments miss the point. It's not us that those comments affect, it's potential young future members who are now conditioned to believe we are and will always be a rabble that are moments away from being kicked out of the league. Who wants to willingly associate themselves with a club that is the butt of every joke?

The last time north was this bad, thankfully I was not alive was back in the 1930’s…….I currently do not even watch it just upsets me so much…..
my life sucks at the moment, marriage breakdown, lost job and final nail is this team that should be giving me hope gives me nothing…

Hope your okay Roosmad

The last time north was this bad, thankfully I was not alive was back in the 1930’s…….I currently do not even watch it just upsets me so much…..
my life sucks at the moment, marriage breakdown, lost job and final nail is this team that should be giving me hope gives me nothing…
Old enough to barely remember 1972. This is definitely rivalling it.

small consolation that we are all frustrated with you.

even smaller consolation Milwall are sitting one position higher on the premiership them my beloved baggies.

Always remember it’s only footy, try not to invest in it too much (like we all do lol)

Sad to hear Roosmad. Keep posting though. Here to share the good & bad 🙂

We're like a young bloke with PE at the moment.

Go full bore trying to keep up with our partner and spaff our wad in the first quarter just trying to keep things even.

Then play catch up for the last 3/4s completely out of stamina.
That was a very detailed metaphor. I hope things have improved for you.

I wonder what our league ranking is for opposition scores from turnovers? We are about mid table in the league for average turnovers per game (we are actually better than Port) but when we turn it over we have no recovery and teams seem to score very easily against us. That needs to be analysed and fixed immediately. Probably structure and workrate? Thats not really a skill thing and could be fixable relatively quickly.

We are ranked last for Tackes Inside 50. Teams can just easily run it out against us and this puts our defence under additional pressure. Today Curtis and Spicer only had one tackle each, Larkey, Mahony, Stevo and Taylor only 2 each. Not good enough as a unit to apply no pressure. Again, should be fixable but attitude needs to change. Ford might be a useful addition here. He does apply pressure from the games I have seen, plus he hits the scoreboard and provides assists. Must be close to a game.

We are also ranked last for Marks inside 50. Not the forwards fault all the time, sometimes the delivery isn't great and misses the target. But, our forward line can be fairly static. They need to get on a lead and find space to increase the margin of error for our mids. And we need someone who can take a contested mark inside 50. CCJ seems the logical choice after his fantastic performance today.

Perez, Spicer just not up to it - let's try some others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Poop v port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back