News Port Adelaide Hacked by Ransomware Group

Remove this Banner Ad

Since the 7th of November I've received about a dozen calls that have come up on my phone as 'Potential Fraud' and 'Suspected Spam'.

Coincidence? Never had an issue before

From AdelaideNow.....
Cuba ransomware has claimed that it hacked the Power’s website earlier this month and has accessed a range of files including; “financial documents”, “correspondence with bank employees”, “account movements”, “balance sheets” and “tax documents”.

One of the accounts guys probably had the password "sackhinkley", and it's probably come up on a list as a popular one since half of you muppets probably use it around the place. If that's what they got it could have even been WilliamBuck that got hit, they got a heap of data that ended up being Port's and it went from there.

Hinkley walks into the bar.

"Hey guys, what you all talking about?"

"Premierships"

Ddhg.gif
Hinkley would push aside their cups and place the Geelong ammos achievements top shelf

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Just a warning about this likely phishing email that's going around now. I've only given $1000 so far until I can confirm if it is true or not

Dear Port Pear Member⚡⚡⚡🔥🔥🔥🍐🍐🍐

The club has decided to end our relationship with Ken Hinkley, head coach.
To achieve this we need member contributions to cover outstanding money owed on his contract.
If you would like to contribute please transfer money to the following account
Moscow Central Bank
BSB: 123-457
ACC: 9876543

Thank you in advance and see you at the footy,

Matthew Richardson
Port Power CEO

Just a warning about this likely phishing email that's going around now. I've only given $1000 so far until I can confirm if it is true or not

To achieve this we need member contributions to cover outstanding money owed on his contract.
Moscow Central Bank

Matthew Richardson
Port Power CEO
Sounds legit to me.
I'm about to give them my superannuation fund details.
Richo never lies 🙂

Moscow Central Bank

Matthew Richardson
Port Power CEO

wrestlemania vi wrestling GIF by WWE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's generally not like the movies where nerds try and hack Port's Gibson, there's plenty of ways accounts can get popped or systems can get compromised. They'll try and extort Edna's Crochet Creations if they can get some sensitive data out of them.

No. You are wrong. It is exactly like it is in the movies.

I've had nothing but scam emails and phone calls from unidentified callers in the past 7 days. Surely not just a coincidence and obviously related to this?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I've had nothing but scam emails and phone calls from unidentified callers in the past 7 days. Surely not just a coincidence and obviously related to this?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
They wouldn't have moved that quickly, and so far they're saying member data was isolated.

Given the breaches of Optus, Medibank, Super SA, Pizza Hut, Dymocks, Toyota, Afterpay, Coles, TAFE, Latitude, Good Guys, etc this year alone........ plus whatever other undisclosed and historical ones and self inposed "hacks" by providing information to people who sell details to third parties, there's plenty of reasons you could be getting hit.

Moscow Central Bank

Matthew Richardson
Port Power CEO

Side Splitting Laughter !

It is believed Vladimir Putin requested the hack, as he was curious to learn Ken Hinkley's tricks of remaining in power well past the used by date.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Port Adelaide Hacked by Ransomware Group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back