Game Day Port Adelaide v Geelong Cats Thursday 1 October 2020 - 7:40 PM (AEST) - Qual Final 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nerves mate.

I can see what you're saying in general play, but Hawkins is stuffing it up, and our other forwards are invisible.

We use the ball better in our F50, Hawkins kicks straight and our other forwards actually do something then we can do this.

Can we make that happen?
No I'm not. This board and a lot who post on it are complete ****wits. Spoilt ****in brats. We're down by 1 point against some woeful and excreuciating umpiring after completely dominating that half and this board resembles a morgue.

Those same people predicted the game would be lost at quarter time and they're still complaining.

Had to laugh at Rockliff giving Hawkins crap after the siren before. Hawkins has had more touches sitting at full forward than Rockliff has had playing the entire half in the guts. Truth be known, didn't even realise Rockliff was playing until then.

The play on calls from the umpires are disgusting btw. They've essentially decided that tempo football isn't allowed because going back behind the mark takes the crowd out of it and lowers the pace of the game. Ridiculous. They shouldn't be allowed to do it.

Does my head in. Player takes the mark and is almost simultaneously called to play on despite not moving off the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's body work has been excellent. His give to Tuohy that resulted in a goal was first rate. Hopefully he has his kicking boots on the second half.
If he keeps getting it he'll start kicking them as well, so hopefully Port don't change the matchup. It's actually great for us; we just haven't capitalised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not like the coaching don't know though.
He's always choked in the finals. Averages just over a goal per final his entire career so why drop another key forward on the eve of finals?

And remember, how many times have I told you about Gary Rohan. This is when you need tall forwards.
Just watch what West Coast's talls do to Collingwood. Watch Richmond struggle without Tom Lynch beside Riewoldt.

In the finals, you need two power forwards.
Who was richmonds 2nd tall in 17?

It's not like the coaching don't know though.
He's always choked in the finals. Averages just over a goal per final his entire career so why drop another key forward on the eve of finals?

And remember, how many times have I told you about Gary Rohan. This is when you need tall forwards.
Just watch what West Coast's talls do to Collingwood. Watch Richmond struggle without Tom Lynch beside Riewoldt.

In the finals, you need two power forwards.

Seriously have no clue what your talking about most of the time. His played some very good finals

No I'm not. This board and a lot who post on it are complete *******s. Spoilt fu**in brats. We're down by 1 point against some woeful and excreuciating umpiring after completely dominating that half and this board resembles a morgue.

Those same people predicted the game would be lost at quarter time and they're still complaining.

A calming drink, some quiet minutes, and yes, as you say, only 1 point after all that is a good place from which to launch our second half.

Cheers

We are missing get-able goals
Port are scrambling their goals
The odds are in our favor
Their luck won't last
All the Cats need is a spark
Two quick goals will change the game

Had to laugh at Rockliff giving Hawkins crap after the siren before. Hawkins has had more touches sitting at full forward than Rockliff has had playing the entire half in the guts. Truth be known, didn't even realise Rockliff was playing until then.
He's giving him crap to try and get in his head more, putt him off his game even more. Had Hawkins not missed those shots, we'd be in front by multiple goals. Him costing us a final will be something playing on his mind throughout the game now. Port players will be giving it to him all game now, and as they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back