Autopsy Port defeat Freo by some margin idk anyway the season's over

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie?
In the gun, please explain.
Port fan here - not a troll so please don't shoot me.

Felt you were missing a big body in the middle when the pressure was ramped up - where we had Wines really step up and be that inside bull. Talking to the Freo mate I had sitting next to me, he commented that it would ideally be Brodie - so surprised he hasn't really had a chance this season.

My friend in the cheer squad who does the banner says the players were excited and up and about when the news came through that Carlton had lost. She had never seen the players like this before a game. So how as a team do you see one shot at finals and not run through walls to to achieve it.

My friend in the cheer squad who does the banner says the players were excited and up and about when the news came through that Carlton had lost. She had never seen the players like this before a game. So how as a team do you see one shot at finals and not run through walls to to achieve it.
Couldn't handle the pressure. Some athletes rise to the occasion(The great ones.) Others crumble. But it's over and done. Have to move on. The hope is the boys really use this as the catalyst to improve over pre season and come back bigger and better.

Port fan here - not a troll so please don't shoot me.

Felt you were missing a big body in the middle when the pressure was ramped up - where we had Wines really step up and be that inside bull. Talking to the Freo mate I had sitting next to me, he commented that it would ideally be Brodie - so surprised he hasn't really had a chance this season.
Wines is the same height and size as Young. Brayshaw and Serong are also the same size as Rozee and Butters. Johnson was also the tallest midfielder on the ground. I don't think size was the issue here.

I mean with that mentality, how doesn’t everyone just win the flag from their current position. We were playing an in form Port, not someone outside the 8 with nothing to play for.

If we lost to say Adelaide then I’d be beyond disgusted. That’s the most frustrating part with the last 3 weeks. We’ve been good for large patches and actually just lost games. I don’t think anyone has ‘beaten’ us.

Not sure how to feel with that, but it does still give me hope for further growth.

No one can say we overachieved.

We’re close, but fumbled a potential massive opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean with that mentality, how doesn’t everyone just win the flag from their current position. We were playing an in form Port, not someone outside the 8 with nothing to play for.

If we lost to say Adelaide then I’d be beyond disgusted. That’s the most frustrating part with the last 3 weeks. We’ve been good for large patches and actually just lost games. I don’t think anyone has ‘beaten’ us.

Not sure how to feel with that, but it does still give me hope for further growth.

No one can say we overachieved.

We’re close, but fumbled a potential massive opportunity.
I'm talking about pressure, that is the minimum expected of the group. If you are given a final chance at making the eight you should be throwing everything at the opposition.

I'm talking about pressure, that is the minimum expected of the group. If you are given a final chance at making the eight you should be throwing everything at the opposition.
Unless I'm missing things the club doesn't seem worried about our ability to apply pressure at all.

Which to be quite frank is horrifying.

its got to be the structure and the system. we just dont seem to have the bodies around the contest to even apply pressure. in saying that our tackles do seem weak with oppos often able to get a handball out mid tackle at worst. would be good to have a stat for that available to us.

The players can be excited and up and about as much as they want before they game, if they fall to water though when it matter, it means nothing.

I don’t think we were significantly off. Pressure wasn’t manic, but it was fine for most parts. They have speed out of stoppage and were just cleaner. We fumbled, invited greater pressure and subsequently got beaten.

Pressure is also relieved when your talls can clink a mark. They clunked some. We don’t clink any.

I think we are underestimating the impact of fatigue on our performance ie I don't think it is accurate to simply say that we're choking under pressure.
Young teams are more prone to fatigue for several reasons:
1 They aren't as good at pacing themselves over 4 quarters.
2 Unnecessary running to pointless positions
3 Over excitement when getting on top and burning too much energy
etc

PLUS
Our running/handpass gamestyle looks fantastic but is energy intense.

So, we get to the 4th quarter and we are more tired than the oppo. So we can't make position AND we are clumsier.

We'll be better in 2025. Will we be good enough? IDK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Port defeat Freo by some margin idk anyway the season's over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back