Autopsy Port defeat Freo by some margin idk anyway the season's over

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if Ozempic would come on board to sponsor Darcy for the year. He needs to leave no excuses for the injuries, he's too critical for the club.

If he is not carrying the weight and he gets injured fair play but bloody hell it is hard not to be critical when he is clearly carrying an extra 15kg.

Do we know who is going to ask out this year? Surely it will be players aged over 25 so Switta, Hughes and Cox.

If it's Brayshaw I think I would just about fly over to Perth and dump a load of manure at the club myself.

Yay for pessimism!!!!

Animated GIF

Disappointed with Caleb's game. He's one of the guys you expect to go up a level in a game like this but he really struggled. Got a lesson from Drew.
That 3rd miss in the last was vital he kicks that we hit the lead and the crowd would have gone apeshit.

I felt in hindsight if we did the front in the last I reckon we win with the home crowd.

We just couldn't hit the lead and mentally just kept Port focused enough to keep pushing and us at bay

I felt we didn´t have the maturity or communication to hold our positioning. There were a few plays where you wonder how port seem to have a spare player and then you notice 2 of our players going to tackle the one player.

Too much see ball-get ball.

Unless I'm missing things the club doesn't seem worried about our ability to apply pressure at all.

Which to be quite frank is horrifying.
Seemed a bit odd to me that given the game was essentially an Elimination Final for us we didn’t approach it with a Finals like intensity. I got the impression from JLs presser that he doesn’t value manic pressure if it is going to interfere with “the process”.
I tend to agree with him that we consistently demonstrated that we are half a step behind the best teams.

Unfortunately I don’t think Brodie really adds much there either
Have another look mate.

We've forgotten just how good he was and have been gaslit into believing he's somehow deficient because JOM/Fyfe.

Honestly, from what i could see on the tv, there was a huge difference in body language between freo post loss vs carlton vs loss.

To be fair, Carlton lost their game in much more dramatic fashion. It's always going to provoke a stronger body language response when you have a game ripped from you seconds before the final siren.

There was 1 tackle in Rowell in that and the rest was uncontested link up stuff?
It's not a tackles of the season highlights.

You missed a crunching tackle where he's literally a blur mid video and then the run down chase of Liam Ryan? I see a helluva lot of upside in that one video, pretty much rubbishes any of the supposed shortcomings we've been fed by the MC.

But I was moreso just addressing your suggestion he doesn't offer size or strength. He's 190cm and 88kgs, and yeah beats Rowell in a one on one on strength and don't argue's Bontempelli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was 1 tackle in Rowell in that and the rest was uncontested link up stuff?

Brodie laid 127 tackles in 2022. Nobody on our team laid that many this year. O’Meara laid 63, Johnson laid 58, Fyfe laid 51. All players who Brodie should have been getting at least a few games over this year.

It’s sad how our supporters will do anything to diminish the value Brodie brings. He was a massive part of our 2022 campaign and people seem to have either forgotten, or have drank the cool-aid from the club and bought into the idea that he’s no good.

Have another look mate.

We've forgotten just how good he was and have been gaslit into believing he's somehow deficient because JOM/Fyfe.

Really perplexed in how far Brodie has dropped.
Goes from 2022 finals, to not playing more than 5 games in two years. Even with Mundy leaving? I refuse to believe JOM is the reason nor is better.

Brodie laid 127 tackles in 2022. Nobody on our team laid that many this year. O’Meara laid 63, Johnson laid 58, Fyfe laid 51. All players who Brodie should have been getting at least a few games over this year.

It’s sad how our supporters will do anything to diminish the value Brodie brings. He was a massive part of our 2022 campaign and people seem to have either forgotten, or have drank the cool-aid from the club and bought into the idea that he’s no good.
Honestly, would love the club to just admit getting JOM was a terrible idea and just cut him now. There’s no way he’s taking Erasmus, Johnson, Stanley, NOD’s spot in hope of ‘experience’ ‘hard body’. He’s not.
He has only played on final in his career.

If Fyfe and Walters are being questioned for next season, why not Omeara? He has no value as a midfielder and is easily exploited as a winger. He’s taking someone’s spot. He’s a safe footballer.

I think we are underestimating the impact of fatigue on our performance ie I don't think it is accurate to simply say that we're choking under pressure.
Young teams are more prone to fatigue for several reasons:
1 They aren't as good at pacing themselves over 4 quarters.
2 Unnecessary running to pointless positions
3 Over excitement when getting on top and burning too much energy
etc

PLUS
Our running/handpass gamestyle looks fantastic but is energy intense.

So, we get to the 4th quarter and we are more tired than the oppo. So we can't make position AND we are clumsier.

We'll be better in 2025. Will we be good enough? IDK.
And yet we had a forward as sub and played an injured 2nd year mid.

Last edited:
The thing that gets me is that in another thread I read be should wary about getting Bolton because it might make Switta or Frederick or Sturt reassess their commitment to the club.

Really?

Right now I want the club to reassess our commitment to all three
Abso…****ing…Lutley !!!

Those 3 players are the ones who need someone clawing at their heels to get a go

Bolton comes straight in for Freddy or Sturt for mine

Switta genuinely tries , just lacks confidence in his kicking distance so tries to run too far .
Also tends to get monster a lot .

I’d be happy if those other 2 ever got monstered but they are always too far away from the ball

Bolton comes in for Walters. Sturt and Switta along with Voss were our only decent forwards yesterday and that was one of Sturts weaker games. You don't write someone off after one below par game..Our forward line was a shambles and the kicking into the forwardline was a disgrace

Last edited:
Are you fair dinkum? Were you actually watching the game? Seriously if you think Porr got the rub of the green you are completely delusional. How many of Freos goals came from soft frees in the 50 arc just for a start? And then the ones that were missed in general play or paid your way in 50/50 contests? Perth has to be the worst example of home town umpriring in the comp.. whether its you guys or the Wet Toast.
Not the sharpest tool in the shed are ya

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Port defeat Freo by some margin idk anyway the season's over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back