Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCG probably not available for the grand final, but don't worry! There are other stadia in Melbourne

I’m all for keeping it at the MCG because of tradition.

But if the G is unavailable then there is no reason to keep it in Melbourne, particularly given the chance (albeit slim) that crowds may be allowed in other states.

Empty stadiums, still gets a massive TV Audience.

Tricky part will be getting the teams here, will probably need to quarantine off shore then get tested before being let in.

That's the issue. A dozen or so teams and all their staff flying in from a dozen different countries. I just can't see the government opening up the borders for that many different countries.

That's the issue. A dozen or so teams and all their staff flying in from a dozen different countries. I just can't see the government opening up the borders for that many different countries.
That’s it, but it’s not impossible to see them quarantining somewhere like Christmas Island for 2 weeks then get tested and only allowed in if they test negative.

Lol. I can just see Virat Kholi being real happy being sent to Christmas Island.
Might be the only way it goes ahead, alternative is postponing it 12 months, but unless there is a vaccine by then can’t see international travel going back to normal.

The need for quarantining is probably going to be around for at least 12-18 months.

I have the 2004 GF DVD with the alternate commentary tracks Sam Newman was jaded and completely over the 'modern game' back then.. it's a wonder he wasn't sacked from radio way back then he was a moaning whinging days of yore gas bag that ruined listening to game after game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have the 2004 GF DVD with the alternate commentary tracks Sam Newman was jaded and completely over the 'modern game' back then.. it's a wonder he wasn't sacked from radio way back then he was a moaning whinging days of yore gas bag that ruined listening to game after game.

I hace the DVD too. Just no DVD player these days. Newman decided before the game he was going to hate it.

He hates football though basically it's not 1965 with Polly running around.

You just can't live in the past. Nevertheless, the man on man duels of the 60s was a great spectacle when two good teams played each other. I saw a lot of Polly- what a champ. Little chance the will ever be a better ruckman.

lol but also shit like this makes me nervous cos we all know the only thing that motivates Adelaide is one upping anything related to Port.

Exactly. He is motivating the crows more than they are themselves. He knows sports psychology ,the words he says about them will be used against us. Something not quite right with that guy IMO. Its probably to him, more about him being relevant or controversial and getting a pay check than anything else.. Like father, like son but even his dad has more sense than to deliberately stoke the fire of the opposition. Kane's a lose cannon and they are always dangerous. Especially when given a microphone.

Woner how the Demons will be able to manage the high fees of Burgess going forward.

I hope we keep Geoff Parker, I think he has done a pretty good job over the last few years. Like any recruiter he has some misses, but I think he gets more right than wrong. Our youth is looking pretty good, it's the development that needs work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back