Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Jasper Pittard could now audition as the next Tiger King as Joe Exotic is incarcerated and Jasper will now have a lot of spare time.

Is it really that big a clean out? It's 11 players, and they have to lose 5 at a minimum if list sizes reduce to 40.

They are apparently picking up Corr, so that makes it 6. They have two first round draft picks plus a second round pick to use this year, so that takes it up to 9.

They are probably hoping that some of the better clubs are going to shed some good players that they can pick up with the remaining two delistings. If list sizes reduce to 38, they will be right on the button.

Wood is ordinary. He might find a new home but I hope its not with us.

Durdin on the cheap might be worth a look as back up but he lacks the intensity to be an AFL player

North'll do that to you.

He needs Monty in his life.

Is it really that big a clean out? It's 11 players, and they have to lose 5 at a minimum if list sizes reduce to 40.

They are apparently picking up Corr, so that makes it 6. They have two first round draft picks plus a second round pick to use this year, so that takes it up to 9.

They are probably hoping that some of the better clubs are going to shed some good players that they can pick up with the remaining two delistings. If list sizes reduce to 38, they will be right on the button.

I have heard 38+2.

This leaves us with 5 to fill if Corr is coming & 3 of those have to be draftees.

There has to be more trades in the works.

Last night’s fight by North means the Cows have to get a draw or better to avoid the spoon.

Whilst technically possible to lose narrowly but still improve percentage, even a 201 to 200 loss would see the Cows win the spoon.

Short point- they have to win or draw with Richmond or they have the spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a big part of me that wants Pittard back
I came here to check to see if anyone was gonna list North players they wanted...

Didn't take long to find one.

Eeeeewewww.

Last night’s fight by North means the Cows have to get a draw or better to avoid the spoon.

Whilst technically possible to lose narrowly but still improve percentage, even a 201 to 200 loss would see the Cows win the spoon.

The hilariously possible scenarios if they win almost trumps them getting the spoon.

West Coast would finish fourth and not get a home final, meaning a pointless flight back to Perth and Richmond would not get the double chance, running the risk of being bundled straight out the finals by Collingwood.

Very weird delistings some of them. Surely some had trade value? You telling me you couldn't get anything at all for Wood, Daw, Ahern, Marley Williams and Durdin?

Yes, as REH illustrated previously, it would have needed the Kangas to lose by about 80 points or more for a slender Crows losing margin to allow them to get a better percentage than N0rf, so only a win or a draw will do. I suspect they'll be happy to just have a RHG and feed Ted for as long as it takes for him to get the one goal he needs to pass Modra's record.

Very weird delistings some of them. Surely some had trade value? You telling me you couldn't get anything at all for Wood, Daw, Ahern, Marley Williams and Durdin?

Durdin, Williams and Ahern might net them token picks at best. The rest nada.

There is zero trade value there.

List distribution is more skewed these days.
The top 5, maybe 10 are paid through the nose, both monetarily and in trade value, and the bottom 15 are pretty much plug and play and interchangeable from year to year. Their true value is sentimental and in team cohesion, which isn't worth anything to a new club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back