Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah well it is the Anzac Day Blockbuster this weekend (yawn). Two totally shyt teams who couldn’t beat a Egg with the loser and the winner out of contention for this year.
I thought the AMZAC day blockbuster was Sunday night?

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

I would have liked to read something about the Magpies in the article, but that’s South Australia for you.

The crows SANFL team didn’t get a good write up though.... ouch

What's with the red (or is it magenta) stuff on the Torrens jumpers? Crows players must've thought they were playing an internal trial an put in the commensurate amount of effort...

1618875665564.png

“Port had injuries and a lot of players banged up, so the Blues were a huge chance!”

Carlton’s injury list: Charlie Curnow (knee), Caleb Marchbank (knee), Nic Newman (knee), Jack Silvagni (shoulder), Jack Martin (knee), Oscar McDonald (back), Zac Williams (calf - test).

One of the more extreme cases of confirmation bias in media groupthink we’ve seen in recent years.
Not only the media, betting markets seemed to have that Carlton love obviously triggered by the media hype around Carlton, but betting on a Poet win with what was offered for all the lines was like free money.

**** Shaun Burgoyne.

I mean I don’t wish him any ill will but **** him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane’s historic Gabba stadium would be “essentially demolished” as the Queensland government pushes ahead with plans to redevelop and lift the stadium for the 2032 Olympic Games.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the Gabba, which has been home to Queensland sport including cricket and AFL for 126 years, would host the opening and closing ceremonies.

Brisbane’s historic Gabba stadium would be “essentially demolished” as the Queensland government pushes ahead with plans to redevelop and lift the stadium for the 2032 Olympic Games.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the Gabba, which has been home to Queensland sport including cricket and AFL for 126 years, would host the opening and closing ceremonies.

Big news - probably welcome news. The Gabba is very tired. I very much doubt they'll get the funding they want though. The Gabba has good bones, they could spend big on an upgrade rather than what amounts to a rebuild.

It's all a big "if"

They did spend 128 million on it about 15 years ago.

The Gabba stadium is not historic, the site is. I was going to AFL games there in the early 1990's after the Bears relocated from Carrara. The stadium looked a hell of a lot different then. Even when I went to the Ports game there in 1997, my first of two draws at the Gabba, it was different again but considerably different to how it is today.

Bring back the dog track farken.

1618883428246.png

Big news - probably welcome news. The Gabba is very tired. I very much doubt they'll get the funding they want though. The Gabba has good bones, they could spend big on an upgrade rather than what amounts to a rebuild.

It's all a big "if"

They did spend 128 million on it about 15 years ago.
They spent another $35M on upgrades last year.

They spent another $35M on upgrades last year.

Such a weird stadium. Small capacity, lots of money spent on upgrades and yet it looks a bit of an ugly hodgepodge

What's the lifespan of stadium upgrades? 30 years max? I already think AO needs a stand at the scoreboard end you could devise it in a way to keep a reduced hill section in front of the old scoreboard.
I’m probably being entirely impractical, but after looking at some old photos of our Magpies games at AO, don’t mess with the hill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back