Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could keep a reduced hill section in front of it.. I reckon it would look great.

I reckon that's exactly what they'll do. Unfortunately I also predict they will make the area sponsored and either give away tickets or sell them as a premium area. Think the deck at the Gabba or whatever.

You could keep a reduced hill section in front of it.. I reckon it would look great.

I may be wayyyy off but I remember hearing something along the lines of the Moreton Bay figs at the northern end are coming to the end of their natural lives. Basically once they start dying off they wont be replaced and will allow for the stand extension.

I may be wayyyy off but I remember hearing something along the lines of the Moreton Bay figs at the northern end are coming to the end of their natural lives. Basically once they start dying off they wont be replaced and will allow for the stand extension.

I heard a comment like this a couple of years back too - from an SMA person.

Round 1. Carlton lose to Richmond by 25. Yeah they were coming up against the premiers, not a bad effort
Round 5. Carlton lose to Port Adelaide by 28. OMG, how bad are Carlton, coach must be sacked, list managers sacked, draft picks hopeless

They don't rate us.
If we beat Brisbane in Brisbane, and the "rampaging" Dogs, I reckon the media's perception of Port might change - it's in our hands.

If we beat Brisbane in Brisbane, and the "rampaging" Dogs, I reckon the media's perception of Port might change - it's in our hands.

i think it was this weeks Agenda, if Carlton lose let’s blow torch them. Every year around this time it’s one of the Vic clubs to torch. We can go undefeated and we will not get air time.

they have a limited life? Que drill, diesel oil.

not sure we need a bigger stadium anyway

Brisbane’s historic Gabba stadium would be “essentially demolished” as the Queensland government pushes ahead with plans to redevelop and lift the stadium for the 2032 Olympic Games.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the Gabba, which has been home to Queensland sport including cricket and AFL for 126 years, would host the opening and closing ceremonies.

10C05EF5-6EA8-423A-B5B6-592B918FADF1.jpeg

“I said I wish I could go back to 2019, put some money on the Gabba hosting an AFL Grand Final and an Olympic Opening Ceremony!”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think it was this weeks Agenda, if Carlton lose let’s blow torch them. Every year around this time it’s one of the Vic clubs to torch. We can go undefeated and we will not get air time.
So if we happen to go top, it'll be billed as the luckiest flag in history?

Brisbane’s historic Gabba stadium would be “essentially demolished” as the Queensland government pushes ahead with plans to redevelop and lift the stadium for the 2032 Olympic Games.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the Gabba, which has been home to Queensland sport including cricket and AFL for 126 years, would host the opening and closing ceremonies.

Good. The Gabba is shithouse.

Round 1. Carlton lose to Richmond by 25. Yeah they were coming up against the premiers, not a bad effort
Round 5. Carlton lose to Port Adelaide by 28. OMG, how bad are Carlton, coach must be sacked, list managers sacked, draft picks hopeless

They don't rate us.
It came across like that.

They don't rate us.
That game against Richmond was quite close and they only kicked away right at the end. Carlton were pretty decent that game.
Against us they were horrendous and only got some late goals when we switched off, to make it a bit more respectable. They were horrendous in our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back