Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide don't like it when contested ball heat turns up a notch even at full strength

If he's including Walker as one of the 2 of the best 3 players at the club then they're in some strife. Solid to good 28 year old forward without an All-Australian gong to his name. They'd be getting better output from Shaun McKernan right about now if he was still on their list.
One of the top 5 full forward in the competition and has kicked 45+ goals in the last 3 years and very important player as it means other tall forward doesn't get the best defender.

One of the top 5 full forward in the competition and has kicked 45+ goals in the last 3 years and very important player as it means other tall forward doesn't get the best defender.

Can't take a contested mark, rarely dominates a game, goes missing when it matters most......but has established one hell of a cult following out of pretty much nothing. He's bog average.

Can't take a contested mark, rarely dominates a game, goes missing when it matters most......but has established one hell of a cult following out of pretty much nothing. He's bog average.
He isn't that kind of forward and more so a Jack Riewoldt kind of lead up forward but better field kick on both feet then him and deceptively allusive when the ball hits the ground.

Adelaide don't like it when contested ball heat turns up a notch even at full strength
Yeah, that why they beat Sydney and smashed Richmond in contested possession this year and beat Geelong to reach the Grand Final????!!!! The Crows don't like big open grounds where they need to win the contested possession to control the ball and play their new chipping game plan (which they did against Richmond in their huge win),but they couldn't do this and got smashed by Melbourne.

He isn't that kind of forward and more so a Jack Riewoldt kind of lead up forward but better field kick on both feet then him and deceptively allusive when the ball hits the ground.

You're right. He's a gun. I just checked out his bio on the crows own official website to verify this fact.

"All-Australian Nominee - 2012, 2015, 2017".

He is in fact so good the crows had to invent a whole new official honour just for him. "All-Australian Nominee".

I wonder if Lance Franklin's official profile has his "All-Australian Nominee" titles listed next to his 'Actual' All-Australian titles?

Yeah, that why they beat Sydney and smashed Richmond in contested possession this year and beat Geelong to reach the Grand Final????!!!! The Crows don't like big open grounds where they need to win the contested possession to control the ball and play their new chipping game plan (which they did against Richmond in their huge win),but they couldn't do this and got smashed by Melbourne.

So basically they don't like winning flags, since the MCG is the biggest, most open ground there is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he's defiantly allusive.

Depth can only hold you up for so long against bottom 8 teams (i.e. like a full strength Port Power in the last Showdown) but against very good team (i.e. Melbourne who are at full strength without any injuries) they will expose you, and I only counted 7 first choice players (including Brown who got injured in the first quarter) but 2 of them are in the top 3 players at the club.

It hurts, doesn't it?

I nominate this for post of the year

So basically they don't like winning flags, since the MCG is the biggest, most open ground there is.
That's why they've been working on their new chipping game plan which they did to Richmond and because they were able to win the contested ball and control it they belted them, they couldn't today and got belted as the players that wouldn't have played if not for injuries couldn't handle it.

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/news/Cy-W...ited-Release-To-Receive-Treatment-For-Illness

“Walsh’s schizophrenia is stable, and he has had an excellent response to antipsychotic medication.

“Psychiatrists are of the opinion he will comply with any conditions -- one psychiatrist considered Walsh would only need to be accompanied by one supervisor.

“All agree he is ready to be offered the opportunity to show he can be trusted in the community, which is also necessary for his ongoing rehabilitation.”

Not really, it depends where Carlton finishes (likely last) and given the Crows also swapped for Carlton's 2nd rounders and they also get Carlton's 3rd rounders as part of the trade, this means pick 20-25 in this years super draft is similar to pick 16 last year so it could end up only giving away pick 10 for Gibbs (which they got overs for Lever anyway) and I still think 4th is open to anyone and once the Crows get their first choice players back, they will be targeting that position.
BTW, I think Doedee played better compared to Lever.
You can package it up any which way you like. You handed over two 1st rounders that could have been used on youth.
It's great that you'll end up with Carlton's 2 & 3d but you guys gave up your 2nd as well.
Doedee does look like quite the player, although Lever is very good. And to think, you could have had both.

That's why they've been working on their new chipping game plan which they did to Richmond and because they were able to win the contested ball and control it they belted them, they couldn't today and got belted as the players that wouldn't have played if not for injuries couldn't handle it.

This is all well and good when you have the ball, but your defence leaked 23 goals today.

You can package it up any which way you like. You handed over two 1st rounders that could have been used on youth.
It's great that you'll end up with Carlton's 2 & 3d but you guys gave up your 2nd as well.
Doedee does look like quite the player, although Lever is very good. And to think, you could have had both.
If Carlton finishes last (which very likely) and the Crows in the top 4 (if they get all their players back as I think 4th is open to anyone), that is cancel by Carlton's 3rd rounder.
Doedee and Lever plays similar role so no, Doedee wouldn't get a game if Lever was still there (in particular given Lever was asking for $800K which would have made him one of the highest paid player close to Walker).

You're right. He's a gun. I just checked out his bio on the crows own official website to verify this fact.

"All-Australian Nominee - 2012, 2015, 2017".

He is in fact so good the crows had to invent a whole new official honour just for him. "All-Australian Nominee".

I wonder if Lance Franklin's official profile has his "All-Australian Nominee" titles listed next to his 'Actual' All-Australian titles?
3 nominations for AA is very generous. 2012 was the only time I can remember him being a serious problem for the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back