Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I adored the big Yeti as a player for Port and he writes so eloquently. But his commentary is just a painful grab bag of hyperbolic cliche. It's sad because I'm sure he can be better than that.

I think I'm gonna vomit.... check out the Camry draw till Round 12 (Hawks at AO)....

It'd have to be 2012 levels of soft.

I adored the big Yeti as a player for Port and he writes so eloquently. But his commentary is just a painful grab bag of hyperbolic cliche. It's sad because I'm sure he can be better than that.

Pretty sure they all can be. But Fox/Seven wants the 'casual' fan to be 'entertained'. It's like with Nine's cricket commentary.

Pretty sure they all can be. But Fox/Seven wants the 'casual' fan to be 'entertained'. It's like with Nine's cricket commentary.

I think a couple have been caught up in their own hype while Dermie is just Dermie. It's mostly awful. I remember when TV commentators called games of footy so you actually knew what was going on, not 'He rolls the ball oh baby!'

Ian Day started the rot. :p

I think a couple have been caught up in their own hype while Dermie is just Dermie. It's mostly awful. I remember when TV commentators called games of footy so you actually knew what was going on, not 'He rolls the ball oh baby!'

Ian Day started the rot. :p

Damn straight!

You must remember this- skip to the finish...

You know who I miss? Jimmy Dean on ABC radio. I am so glad he missed out on the Port coaching job in 1950 but he carried on into the early 90s on the 'wireless' and between him and Eric Freeman it was, looking back, a golden era of hype-free broadcasting.

[ends golden oldie memories]

I think I'm gonna vomit.... check out the Camry draw till Round 12 (Hawks at AO)....

It'd have to be 2012 levels of soft.

Just being having an argument with a dude on fb about exactly this. Pointed out the similarities between this year and 2012. He called me a cocky port supporter even though I was being as unbiased and realistic as possible.

Just being having an argument with a dude on fb about exactly this. Pointed out the similarities between this year and 2012. He called me a cocky port supporter even though I was being as unbiased and realistic as possible.

Looking at the list of those game it's genuinely hard to see many losses if any.

Looking at the list of those game it's genuinely hard to see many losses if any.

They've got Gill in their corner. Will be well in the running for an illegitimate astericx laden top four berth circa 2012.

They've got Gill in their corner. Will be well in the running for an illegitimate astericx laden top four berth circa 2012.
Sandersons debut year all over again.... we'll see what happens in 2016 when their draw goes to shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn straight!

You must remember this- skip to the finish...

You know who I miss? Jimmy Dean on ABC radio. I am so glad he missed out on the Port coaching job in 1950 but he carried on into the early 90s on the 'wireless' and between him and Eric Freeman it was, looking back, a golden era of hype-free broadcasting.

[ends golden oldie memories]

Speaking of the wireless Wildy is no better than the TV commentators. Was listening to AA in the car just after half time and I had no idea what was going on when he was calling the game. Unforgivable for a radio caller.

Yep. Just seems to stick the boot in whenever it's possible.

On another note Bomber Thompson thinks Ryder could kick 60 goals if played up forward.
At which suddenly Shaw became very, very quiet. Getting stomped on by someone that can actually coach must have rattled his dentures.

Yep. Just seems to stick the boot in whenever it's possible.

On another note Bomber Thompson thinks Ryder could kick 60 goals if played up forward.
Yea the "Everyone has worked Port out, Ryder can't run" BS... Bomber seems a pretty well balanced comments man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back