Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And you want Port fans to benchmark their feelings of frustration and disappointment against them?

Serious question related to this.

It was before my time, but did anyone in our supporter base during the drought of 1965-1977 have the hide to suggest frustrated fans instead consider what it would be like to barrack for Woodville or Centrals?

Or is this phenomenon a recent one?

Serious question related to this.

It was before my time, but did anyone in our supporter base during the drought of 1965-1977 have the hide to suggest frustrated fans instead consider what it would be like to barrack for Woodville or Centrals?

Or is this phenomenon a recent one?
We was always around the mark I can remember just off the top of my head we played in the 66 and 67 Grand final and also two in a row against North in the early 70s.
With Port you just knew it was only a matter of time and when it did happen it kept repeating itself.
Nothing like the competition we are in now.

Nothing like the competition we are in now.

Yep, the SANFL was very different, each and every club won flag after flag, it was basically a flag orgy of good times and easy premierships, nothing like the tough competition where someone has to lose that is the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, the SANFL was very different, each and every club won flag after flag, it was basically a flag orgy of good times and easy premierships, nothing like the tough competition where someone has to lose that is the AFL.
SANFL was 10 local clubs all playing within a 20 mile radius every week.
The AFL is a corrupt competition heavily biased towards a group of clubs all playing in the same state while other clubs from thousands of miles away have to endure cheating on a level that you will not find in any other sporting competition in the world.
Yep it’s no difference

SANFL was 10 local clubs all playing within a 20 mile radius every week.
The AFL is a corrupt competition heavily biased towards a group of clubs all playing in the same state while other clubs from thousands of miles away have to endure cheating on a level that you will not find in any other sporting competition in the world.
Yep it’s no difference

Mate, it's a football competition, the fundamentals are the same. Yes there's more teams and yes there's aspects that are stacked against us. Everyone gets this, nobody is expecting flags every second year like the SANFL. But the core reality that there's winner clubs, mediocre clubs and loser clubs remains in any sporting competition anywhere. Guess which we are in this competition.

Mate, it's a football competition, the fundamentals are the same. Yes there's more teams and yes there's aspects that are stacked against us. Everyone gets this, nobody is expecting flags every second year like the SANFL. But the core reality that there's winner clubs, mediocre clubs and loser clubs remains in any sporting competition anywhere. Guess which we are in this competition.
I’d go for good but not good enough on what we have shown.
You seriously can’t compare us to a team that’s won one flag in 126 years.
It’s a ridiculous comparison.
Your Gold Coast Moons idea was way more logical.

If we aint into Shai Bolton's ear constantly(given the tigs look like they will be average for a while) with his relationship with Narkle etc then we are crazy .

It's almost as if starting a season earlier than usual is affecting a teams ability to maintain a high level for more than a half. Gold Coast should still do enough to win though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back