Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

COLLINGWOOD coach Craig McRae was left seething by the decision not to award Daniel McStay a critical 50m penalty in the dying stages against Sydney, after his side had let a match-winning lead slip at the SCG.Still reeling from the non-call post-match, the Magpies coach said "it would have been paid" had it been at the MCG, while he described the number of insufficient intent calls in the game as "a bit of a circus".

COLLINGWOOD coach Craig McRae was left seething by the decision not to award Daniel McStay a critical 50m penalty in the dying stages against Sydney, after his side had let a match-winning lead slip at the SCG.Still reeling from the non-call post-match, the Magpies coach said "it would have been paid" had it been at the MCG, while he described the number of insufficient intent calls in the game as "a bit of a circus".
ezgif-7-bb1d700f64.jpg

I reckon the teams in the 8 are now set. Based on percentages, form and opposition remaining, I can't see any current top 8 team falling out, unless Hawthorn absolutely obliterate Carlton tomorrow which I doubt. I have all top 8 teams winning at least 2 of their last 3 games with the exception of GWS who have the toughest run, but they are 2 games and percentage inside the 8 and won't drop out.

LOL - St Kilda. By 'due diligence' they mean they actually pulled their collective heads out of their own dates for a moment.

Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 9.23.03 AM.png

The club had faced backlash from members this week after it had emerged Saints head of talent and acquisition Graeme Allan had met Thomas at a restaurant in Carlton on Tuesday.

Thomas was suspended for 18 games and sacked by the Kangaroos in February after the AFL’s integrity unit found he had “engaged in multiple acts of misconduct including threatening a woman via direct messages multiple times”.

In May, he was charged by police with using a telecommunications service to harass and for breaching a court order. A court hearing was set for November. The AFL banned him from playing at any level until the completion of that hearing.

But yeah 'due diligence'.

LOL - St Kilda. By 'due diligence' they mean they actually pulled their collective heads out of their own dates for a moment.

View attachment 2073851

The club had faced backlash from members this week after it had emerged Saints head of talent and acquisition Graeme Allan had met Thomas at a restaurant in Carlton on Tuesday.

Thomas was suspended for 18 games and sacked by the Kangaroos in February after the AFL’s integrity unit found he had “engaged in multiple acts of misconduct including threatening a woman via direct messages multiple times”.

In May, he was charged by police with using a telecommunications service to harass and for breaching a court order. A court hearing was set for November. The AFL banned him from playing at any level until the completion of that hearing.

But yeah 'due diligence'.
'Due diligence' on Taryn Thomas should've taken about 30 seconds and could've been completed by Googling 'Taryn Thomas' and skimming the first page of results.

Once upon a time, Tarryn Thomas wouldn’t have even been the worst bloke at St Kilda. Good to see they realised those days are gone though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the teams in the 8 are now set. Based on percentages, form and opposition remaining, I can't see any current top 8 team falling out, unless Hawthorn absolutely obliterate Carlton tomorrow which I doubt. I have all top 8 teams winning at least 2 of their last 3 games with the exception of GWS who have the toughest run, but they are 2 games and percentage inside the 8 and won't drop out.

So what two are we winning.

Once upon a time, Tarryn Thomas wouldn’t have even been the worst bloke at St Kilda. Good to see they realised those days are gone though.

He's not even the worst bloke currently on an AFL list.

I get he's done wrong and is being held accountable but the hypocrisy around letting other players transgressions slide due to the club they play for, or who their parents are, is off the charts.

There's a current father-son selection who digitally penetrated an unconscious teenager, filmed it and shared it with his mates. This was suppressed due to who the guy's father is but was known by the AFL and the club who drafted him.

McRae throwing a hissy fit because a free his team didn’t get would have been paid at the MCG.
All that tells you is how much of a corrupt competition this.
Free kicks are determined differently depending on where the game is being played 😂.
Basically saying yeah the umps are on our side in home games that’s why we play away as little as possible.

McRae throwing a hissy fit because a free his team didn’t get would have been paid at the MCG.
All that tells you is how much of a corrupt competition this.
Free kicks are determined differently depending on where the game is being played 😂.
Basically saying yeah the umps are on our side in home games that’s why we play away as little as possible.
And after pretty much the exact scenario wasn’t paid against them when they played north and got up by less than a goal, but it was two players instead of one.

Pies across 2022/23 were basically our 2013/14 squad with home ground advantage and umpiring bias.

Nah Collingwoods squad has had far more success in the years prior, think they have only missed finals once since 2018. Port didn't make finals from 2007 til 2013 and were truly uncompetitive in some of those years.

But it adds to reason that a change of perspective with a new coach can give that competitive edge to pull out a few more wins.

If they focus on 1 call which was the supposed 50m pen, they got to look at all non-calls and frees called.

Like Sidebottoms punch down handball which wasn't called and Elliots out of bounds goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back