Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton’s injury crisis threatens to deepen with spearhead Harry McKay sent for scans on a suspected quad injury on Monday morning. McKay appeared to suffer the setback in the final four minutes of the Blues’ crushing defeat to Hawthorn on Sunday afternoon. It leaves Carlton with potentially six fresh injuries from an afternoon of chaos at the MCG.

I think the most bemusement i have from this year is that we could finish 1st or 2nd hell even top 4 and not have anyone in the 2024 AA squad 😆.
Houston, Butters and JHF should all be in there. Georgiadies should get a nod for the 40 squad.

It's crazy to think with 2 weeks left of the home and away, only 1 side has locked in a finals spot... everyone else still playing to make the 8.

Reality is the 8 is probably set (in terms of teams not order), but who knows.

Well done John Longmire in calling out the McRae BS about umpiring and home game bias at the SCG

"It was an extraordinary admission from a coach of a team that has the biggest home ground advantage in the AFL," Longmire said.

"This year they play 14 games at the MCG, they play three at Marvel, that's 17 games essentially in front of their home crowd and they play finals and the Grand Final on their home deck."
As close as we get these days to a coach having a real dig at the opposition.

Horse seems to be the only non-Vic based coach willing to call this stuff out publicly. Wish more would step up and voice what we all outside of Vic think. It might start to make a difference…

Very communist regime like the AFL, under the guise we need to protect umpires so people will do it!

I think AFL umpires should be under much more scrutiny to avoid corruption

It’s interesting. Of the finals bound sides Hawthorn, GWS and then maybe Geelong come out of the weekend with the most compelling form lines. Sydney and us got it done. We’re still not humming and it’s a bit frustrating. Forward line without Georgiades has the biggest query and the tendency for our mids to get smashed in the contest every so often when an opposition brings more manic intensity to the game than us. I’d expect better from our collective midfield group, and we need much more reliable output from Wines and Drew especially against other finals teams. The Showdown’s a good test for us as Adelaide will bring heat all over the ground. Our backs will need our midfield to be defensively very sharp. Our forwards will need them driving and keeping the ball forward.

We are humming. We played a Melbourne team that would have put Ross the Boss to sleep with its gameplan.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

We are humming. We played a Melbourne team that would have put Ross the Boss to sleep with its gameplan.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Which wasn’t really a bad thing for us, less exhausting than a hard shoot out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the deal for finals to be played at the MCG?

Wondering how creative the umpires are going to have to be to make them happen.

I think the only requirement is for the GF to be played there. If the cats end up hosting gws in week one, then surely they should be allowed to play at their narrow dung?

I think the only requirement is for the GF to be played there. If the cats end up hosting gws in week one, then surely they should be allowed to play at their narrow dung?
Remember them playing Freo at home in a final and lost, also they had to play MCG before as a home final because of crowd numbers?
Not sure if there’s a solid rule on it.

I think they scraped that some time ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back