Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

I was only 7 in 2003, but my memories of that QF against Sydney are being at home and my older brother (who was normally very tame) going absolutely off his head at the TV.

I realised years later how vomit inducing that game would have been. Finished top the year before and missed the GF, straight sets the year before that, but to be three games clear on top of the ladder and lose yet another Qualifying Final knowing then and there that we’d blown yet another GF berth!?

Thank God for 2004, seriously.
I was there, as I was at the 2002 QF disaster. It was my last year of school.

It was disbelief in that first half, the sick "here we go again" feeling. Hall killed us.

We lifted after the break but it amounted to nothing in the end.

Was horrible walking out knowing we'd likely blown another season.

Wooden Spoon 2004: Richmond

Wooden Spoon 2024: Richmond

👀

2014: we blast Richmond off the park in the elimination final and look like the best team in the universe.

2024: Richmond look like heading for a decade in the wilderness, coming off 3 premierships and a period of amazing success. Meanwhile donuts Hinkley achieves 60% home and away win record!

I think in the game we do not mention we only lost the contested possessions by about 20. More reflects how much uncontested ball Geelong have had
the stats look weird because you're right they did have loads more uncontested ball. But it wasn't as though Wet Toast had loads of turnover either. Looks like they were doing circlework. More like a circlejerk with the umps.

The MCG is Geelong's 2nd home ground and they have a training ground with the same dimensions in Geelong.

I like your optimism but.
Have you met Port in a home final!

Looking at it 32 touches is pretty good in a side that did nothing.
Still think he’s a better option than Jed.
Doubt Jed get 32 touches in a Gay Pride march.
Yeah the farknarkle goes OK. I think he's had his papers signed in June and his form has made it harder to delist him.

I bet Geelong were frustrated because he needs 10% more of something to be really good. Bit more pace, few more goals, bit more fitness to go through the middle. Just not quite there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forgot Schofield, B Scott, Nicks and some others looking shaky also.
Essendon are so dumb they'll probably keep Scott.
Schofield is caretaker, but yeah no chance eagles keep him around.
No idea about nicks. Crows might keep or sack, let's hope their stupid & keep him

Yeah the farknarkle goes OK. I think he's had his papers signed in June and his form has made it harder to delist him.

I bet Geelong were frustrated because he needs 10% more of something to be really good. Bit more pace, few more goals, bit more fitness to go through the middle. Just not quite there.
I’ll be disappointed if he’s delisted and Jed is kept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back