Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

PORT ADELAIDE: 3.2, 4.7, 9.8, 13.10 (88)
SYDNEY: 4.4, 11.5, 14.8, 15.10 (100)

Goals: Port Adelaide: Lade 5, Stevens 2, P Burgoyne, Guerra, Carr, K Cornes, C Cornes, Tredrea
Sydney: Hall 6, Cresswell 2, Maxfield 2, Davis 2, J Bolton, Williams, Roberts-Thomson
Best: Port Adelaide: Stevens, Carr, Lade, Wanganeen, Brogan
Sydney: Goodes, Kirk, Hall, Fosdike, Maxfield, Cresswell, Schauble
I blame Choco. Wasted 02-03.
I was there 03, we were shat on tactically, came into that game so arrogant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s ok I used to cry every time Port lost when I was a kid.
If we lost I wouldn’t watch any footy shows or read any papers until the following Thursday. 😂😂
I was a bit like that too.

1984 grand final (as an 11 year old) I hid out in the shed about 5 minutes into the last quarter. Was pretty devastated when I heard the final result.

Similar when Darren Harris from South kicked that long goal to beat us at Adelaide Oval. From memory. Ebert kicked across goal which led to the turnover. It's a double whammy when you lose like that, and at the same time you find out your hero is human and capable of making a mistake.

I was a bit like that too.

1984 grand final (as an 11 year old) I hid out in the shed about 5 minutes into the last quarter. Was pretty devastated when I heard the final result.

Similar when Darren Harris from South kicked that long goal to beat us at Adelaide Oval. From memory. Ebert kicked across goal which led to the turnover. It's a double whammy when you lose like that, and at the same time you find out your hero is human and capable of making a mistake.
As a school kid if you didn’t support Port you hated them.
So if Port lost you would cop it from everyone at school.
That’s why the losses was so devastating and the wins so great.
It was seriously very Black@White.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back