Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Duty of care applies to the league as well.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Rowan Marshall cracked hit his head on the ground a few weeks ago, was down, got up and didn’t look right.

At a subsequent ball-up when the doctor ran on to hook RowMar for an HIA, the umpire demonstrably gestured for the doc to get off so he could get on with the game with the Saint as nominated ruck.

There are so many potatoes in high places throughout the AFL it’s insane.

Interesting discussion at the 19min mark re Hawthorn and their ability to draw f50 free kicks. Seems Mitchell was inspired by the Jake Neade experience.

Kenny the trailblazer

Lol how was he assessed exactly? He waved off the trainers and doctor after he clearly was hit high and hit his head on the ground.

"The month of July is when the big boys step out," the coach said on Thursday.

"It's a make-or-break month, not only for our football club, but most football clubs."

"It's when the contenders step up and the pretenders step away."

Damien Hardwick, July 2015

We have capitulated at the end of the season countless times under Hinkley, but if there was a game to base your season aspirations on I think this round would be it.

Carlton have played Richmond (W), GWS (L), Bulldogs (L) and North (W). They'll be raring to mount a premiership assault.

I think the last time I was genuinely confident that Port could do something significant was going 6-0 into the 2021 finals and jumping Geelong in the Qualifying final.

In 2021 we went 4-1 in Big boy month (including the 1st of August), then 4-0 to finish the regular season.

We have a banged-up Carlton, Sydney who are having to fit in players who haven't played all year and work around the Papley injury, Melbourne who are struggling to put a score on the board, Adelaide (coin flip) and Fremantle who may be missing Alex Pearce who was the brick wall against us last time.

I'm not in Janus territory of blind faith but we have rebounded from the 3 losses ok and if we stamp out some of the real silly stuff and win against the blues we could give the rest of the year a genuine shake.

"It's a make-or-break month, not only for our football club, but most football clubs."

We have capitulated at the end of the season countless times under Hinkley, but if there was a game to base your season aspirations on I think this round would be it.

Carlton have played Richmond (W), GWS (L), Bulldogs (L) and North (W). They'll be raring to mount a premiership assault.

I think the last time I was genuinely confident that Port could do something significant was going 6-0 into the 2021 finals and jumping Geelong in the Qualifying final.

In 2021 we went 4-1 in Big boy month (including the 1st of August), then 4-0 to finish the regular season.

We have a banged-up Carlton, Sydney who are having to fit in players who haven't played all year and work around the Papley injury, Melbourne who are struggling to put a score on the board, Adelaide (coin flip) and Fremantle who may be missing Alex Pearce who was the brick wall against us last time.

I'm not in Janus territory of blind faith but we have rebounded from the 3 losses ok and if we stamp out some of the real silly stuff and win against the blues we could give the rest of the year a genuine shake.
I admire your faith but we have zero chance in this game

this is the classic important 8 point game that dimwits game plan falls apart.

An important game+Against a side faltering+Away from home= a decent sized loss

including not turning up early in quarter 1, a shit ton of inside 50s, heaps of points, dixon playing from behind, dixon being targeted almost 100% of the time, 3-4 turn over goals from shocking skill errors, a smirking press conference full of piss weak questioning and our coach going missing for the next week

I admire your faith but we have zero chance in this game

this is the classic important 8 point game that dimwits game plan falls apart.

An important game+Against a side faltering+Away from home= a decent sized loss

including not turning up early in quarter 1, a shit ton of inside 50s, heaps of points, dixon playing from behind, dixon being targeted almost 100% of the time, 3-4 turn over goals from shocking skill errors, a smirking press conference full of piss weak questioning and our coach going missing for the next week
I agree for the most part.

I have no faith currently but given the last month, Friday is the biggest game this year as far as impacting confidence/faith.

I'm open to the concept of having faith in the football team which is a huge shift from how I've felt in the past 2 years.

We play 3 of the top 5 for Flag odds in the next 5 games, we have no more opponents that we would ordinarily overlook mentally.

No one expects us to do anything important, we are relatively healthy, the boys are ready to Play for Ken™.

And if it doesn't work out they'll probably sack Ken so it's all good.
1721793133708.png

Yeah. Wouldn’t surprise me at all with Carlton following up a tough tussle in Sunday twilight with Friday Night Footy, especially under the lid where we typically play our best footy.

Apparently our 1990 bid to join the AFL was "a bull-headed own goal". I forced myself to watch this video to see if this notion was explored at all, but nope, just that quote at the beginning and just a brief mention of legal action. If anyone here has a YouTube account, feel free to provide some alternative facts...

Apparently our 1990 bid to join the AFL was "a bull-headed own goal". I forced myself to watch this video to see if this notion was explored at all, but nope, just that quote at the beginning and just a brief mention of legal action. If anyone here has a YouTube account, feel free to provide some alternative facts...

Who was their source for that rubbish… Fruchocs McHeapsgood?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our edition is coming up. I believe Greg Boulton is our interviewee. Could be a toxic video.

A certain AFL player's Uncle is about to be deported back to New Zealand from Australia. The uncle of the nameless player has links to a bikie gang and is involved with the CFMEU in Victoria. I wonder who that player might be? :think:

Here is a hint...

"Power" was not even a thing in 1990. Wonder why he didn't say Port Adelaide, or Port Magpies.

Where is Janus? Haven't seen anything of him ever since Hinkley was on the ropes.

A certain AFL player's Uncle is about to be deported back to New Zealand from Australia. The uncle of the nameless player has links to a bikie gang and is involved with the CFMEU in Victoria. I wonder who that player might be? :think:

Here is a hint...

No need to wonder, the player's identity is right there in the headline!

Gerard Whiteley is going to the Olympics this is the best AFL news all year.. don't come back ya weiner!
Lol this basically means we dont hear from him for a few weeks because hes hidden away somewhere no one cares about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back