Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Next week is another season defining round. 8-point games everywhere.

We win and it will give us an edge over one of Brisbane/Giants, Freo/Geelong, Carlton/Hawks, Collingwood/Swans.
It’s about as exciting last 3 weeks as you can get.
Normally some teams have there position wrapped up and are looking at resting players.
Won’t be any of that shyt this year.

How the fk does hawthorn not have a suitable clash strip?

Such an amateur organisation the afl is
I mean, both their colours aren't that much different from the main colour of orange of GWS. They do have different guernseys but this one of this times there's no ideal answer. I'm not a fan of forcing teams to wear a guernsey that's not one of their club colours but this would be one time that maybe they need to.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

This week, due to no vic teams in the top 4, I reckon us and Sydney and one of Brissy or GWS more GWS will get the Bret Hart Montreal screw job treatment from the umps.
Will be us against Melbourne like our earlier end when we were killing them

AFL.com.au will answer your question, however I'm happy to assist if you aren't capable -
Rating points -
Duursma - Port 23: 160, Ess 24: 262 (YTD)
Amon - Port 22: 366, Hawks 23:370, 24: 342 (YTD)
Bonner - Port 22: 202, 23: 171, Saints 24: 218 (YTD)
All performing more productively at other clubs.
Thanks for the stats, they're surprising and it's making me doubt all AFL ratings points :think: as X and Bonner don't appear to be all that much better. I wonder if it's because they're playing in a lower ranked team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely they'll make it so Geelong and Brisbane host Qualifiers, maybe Freo and the Dogs hosting Elims
Yep - if Geelong were to earn a home final against say Collingwood, Carlton or Essendon then I have no doubt the AFL would schedule that game at the MCG, citing capacity and 'crowd' numbers. Not so if it's an interstate team.

Playing a finals game at Docklands against the Bulldogs should not scare us in the slightest.

How we perform against Freo in the last H&A game will be the test of whether we've truly lifted our game to be capable of beating Brisbane in finals.

If brisvegas get two home finals (which is just about a certainty) they will be one of the grand finalists and would probably start favourites regardless of the oppo given their effort in last year's granny and the old `you have to lose one to win one!'

That aside if Port can be on the other side of the draw, dodge them and win a prelim we would have to be a chance at a neutral venue, particularly if kern is still channelling his 2014 game plan, ala against the swans.

Continuing that attacking style instead of the slow the game down and the too often backwards and sideways approach to goal, with a game plan more reminiscent of the 2014 finals where we were very stiff not to get to the big dance, and hopefully not c****** up yet another final's opportunity is unfortunately the $64 question.

If brisvegas get two home finals (which is just about a certainty) they will be one of the grand finalists and would probably start favourites regardless of the oppo given their effort in last year's granny and the old `you have to lose one to win one!'

That aside if Port can be on the other side of the draw, dodge them and win a prelim we would have to be a chance at a neutral venue, particularly if kern is still channelling his 2014 game plan, ala against the swans.

Continuing that attacking style instead of the slow the game down and the too often backwards and sideways approach to goal, with a game plan more reminiscent of the 2014 finals where we were very stiff not to get to the big dance, and hopefully not c****** up yet another final's opportunity is unfortunately the $64 question.
The main thing I want to see now is as little changes to the structure as possible.
We don’t want to be bringing back family favorites, injuries should be the only reason for change.

Yep - if Geelong were to earn a home final against say Collingwood, Carlton or Essendon then I have no doubt the AFL would schedule that game at the MCG, citing capacity and 'crowd' numbers. Not so if it's an interstate team.

Playing a finals game at Docklands against the Bulldogs should not scare us in the slightest.

How we perform against Freo in the last H&A game will be the test of whether we've truly lifted our game to be capable of beating Brisbane in finals.
The only chance of Victorian Finals not being played at the MCG would be if all four games were in going to be in Melbourne. Then the Saturday afternoon Elimination Final might get moved to Marvel. ala 2013 Finals. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_AFL_finals_series

Geelong might be able to sucessfully argue getting the Elimination Final moved to GMHBA if they're the host. Especially with it now being a 40k capacity.

Actually with the Thursday night final they probably just move the Saturday afternoon Elimination final to Sunday.

Remember last year, they screwed over Port by moving what should've been the Friday Night Qualifying Final to Saturday night, so they could keep three MCG games.

Last edited:

Freo are going to the mother of all reamings from the umps this week you'd think

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back