Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

I was only 7 in 2003, but my memories of that QF against Sydney are being at home and my older brother (who was normally very tame) going absolutely off his head at the TV.

I realised years later how vomit inducing that game would have been. Finished top the year before and missed the GF, straight sets the year before that, but to be three games clear on top of the ladder and lose yet another Qualifying Final knowing then and there that we’d blown yet another GF berth!?

Thank God for 2004, seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was only 7 in 2003, but my memories of that QF against Sydney are being at home and my older brother (who was normally very tame) going absolutely off his head at the TV.

I realised years later how vomit inducing that game would have been. Finished top the year before and missed the GF, straight sets the year before that, but to be three games clear on top of the ladder and lose yet another Qualifying Final knowing then and there that we’d blown yet another GF berth!?

Thank God for 2004, seriously.
PORT ADELAIDE: 3.2, 4.7, 9.8, 13.10 (88)
SYDNEY: 4.4, 11.5, 14.8, 15.10 (100)

Goals: Port Adelaide: Lade 5, Stevens 2, P Burgoyne, Guerra, Carr, K Cornes, C Cornes, Tredrea
Sydney: Hall 6, Cresswell 2, Maxfield 2, Davis 2, J Bolton, Williams, Roberts-Thomson
Best: Port Adelaide: Stevens, Carr, Lade, Wanganeen, Brogan
Sydney: Goodes, Kirk, Hall, Fosdike, Maxfield, Cresswell, Schauble

The MCG DJ playing ‘Wind Of Change’ by Scorpions — a song synonymous with the fall of the Berlin Wall — as Richmond farewell Dusty, Grimes, Shai, Baker, Marlion & Gale.

Richmond certainly looking a lot like the Soviet Union rn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back