Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of people are saying similar and I don't get it.

If Petracca has genuinely been treated like shit by Melbourne why should he then have to accept being traded to a shit club? After all his years of service doesn't he deserve to go somewhere he will be happy?

So what's the difference with Petracca and Aliir?

Both went back on when it was clear as day neither should have.

But only one has looked to jump ship? And I don't blame Petracca at all for wanting to get out of that environment, but it would have very little to do with that one particular incident, but that is the catalyst, step back and seeing the place for what it is.

But only one has looked to jump ship? And I don't blame Petracca at all for wanting to get out of that environment, but it would have very little to do with that one particular incident, but that is the catalyst, step back and seeing the place for what it is.

Technically Aliir passed the test (despite clearly being KO’d/stunned).

They knew Petracca had done something, but without a definitive diagnosis still chose to roll the dice.

Pretty sure you just answered your own question. There is a lot more going on at Melbourne culturally besides just the on field injury management.

The off field follow up and care seems to be a big issue as are the wider cultural issues.

They knew Petracca had done something, but without a definitive diagnosis still chose to roll the dice.
That’s the first time in my life I’ve seen a player come back on and the opposition players don’t go near them.
The Collingwood players were more worried about him than his own club.

That’s the first time in my life I’ve seen a player come back on and the opposition players don’t go near them.
The Collingwood players were more worried about him than his own club.

I think Darcy Moore was telling him to go back off.

Aliir passed a HIA from an inexperienced member of the medical team, that concluded he didn't need to do the SCAT5 (the actual concussion test),

I miss the International Series against Ireland. It’s actually an interesting way of introducing footy abroad.

I would make one simple change to the rules, though; on the field of play. It should be more similar to an AFL oval.
In red
IMG_8191.jpeg

Coaches votes Top 21 before they went in-camera after RD 22 was completed. Its dominated by mid fielders -20 mids and 1 ruck Gawn.

I have bolded the 17 who made the 44 man AA Squad

VotesPlayerClub
102Isaac HeeneySYD
99Nick DaicosCOLL
99Caleb SerongFRE
95Patrick CrippsCARL
89Lachie NealeBL
84Marcus BontempelliWB
78Errol GuldenSYD
76Zach MerrettESS
75Adam TreloarWB
74Chad WarnerSYD
66Jason Horne-FrancisPORT
65Noah AndersonGCFC
63Zak ButtersPORT
63Luke Davies-UniackeNMFC
63Matt RowellGCFC
62Andrew BrayshawFRE
61Sam WalshCARL
60Hayden YoungFRE
56Max GawnMELB
55Max HolmesGEEL
55Hugh McCluggageBL

Not in Top 21 voting by coaches. They are as bad as umpires at favouring midfielders, 16 mids + Gawn in their top 21 made the AA squad. Missing out of coaches top 21 votes were;

KPD's
Andrews, Weitering, Collins, Sicily, McGovern

Small-Med defenders
Zorko, Ryan, Clark, Whitefield, Sheezel, Houston, Sinclair, Blakey, Bale,

Midfielders
D'ambrosio

Rucks
Cameron, Xerri

Small-Med Forwards
Rayner, Daniels, Stengle, Moore

KPF's
Daniher, Curnow, McKay, Cameron, Hogan, Waterman
Follow up to my post on Tuesday night about mid fielders dominating the coaches votes and the AA squad of 44, with 17 of the top 21 in the coaches votes as at end of Rd 22 before it went in-camera were 16 midfielders and Max Gawn and the other 4 in the top 21 coaches votes who didn't make the 44, were also midfielders.

It was Kornes who joining the All Oz selectors, replacing Tredders as the SA rep on the panel in 2022, said if we have a squad of 40, why don't we have 44, which effectively represents the A and B team of best players.

So I have taken the 22 who made the All Oz team tonight and matched them up against the 22 who didn't make it. 10 midfielders made the All Oz team and the majority of position players, especially small-medium forwards were left for the B team.

Would make for an interesting game. The A team has better mids and the B team has better positional players.

Dark Blue = KPDs
Light Blue = small-medium defenders
Green = KPFs
Orange = small-medium forwards
Grey = rucks
Yellow = mids

D'Ambrosio is the only true permanent wingman picked in the squad.

1724937264561.png

I miss the International Series against Ireland. It’s actually an interesting way of introducing footy abroad.

I would make one simple change to the rules, though; on the field of play. It should be more similar to an AFL oval.
The field already feels too small when they play IR, chopping off an eighth would make it worse. Maybe if they extend the length to keep the same area overall but with curved edges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Follow up to my post on Tuesday night about mid fielders dominating the coaches votes and the AA squad of 44, with 17 of the top 21 in the coaches votes as at end of Rd 22 before it went in-camera were 16 midfielders and Max Gawn and the other 4 in the top 21 coaches votes who didn't make the 44, were also midfielders.

It was Kornes who joining the All Oz selectors, replacing Tredders as the SA rep on the panel in 2022, said if we have a squad of 40, why don't we have 44, which effectively represents the A and B team of best players.

So I have taken the 22 who made the All Oz team tonight and matched them up against the 22 who didn't make it. 10 midfielders made the All Oz team and the majority of position players, especially small-medium forwards were left for the B team.

Would make for an interesting game. The A team has better mids and the B team has better positional players.

Dark Blue = KPDs
Light Blue = small-medium defenders
Green = KPFs
Orange = small-medium forwards
Grey = rucks
Yellow = mids

D'Ambrosio is the only true permanent wingman picked in the squad.

View attachment 2096216
I'd put my money on the seconds team if they were to play at seasons end.

C'mon you knew it was coming..we don't deserve to be in the finals race.

And spare a thought for the Crows. Hard done by....again.

PORT Adelaide capitalised on a softer than expected fixture on its way to a home qualifying final, while its crosstown rival was dealt a brutal run in 2024.

View attachment 2094246
Are they serious, how can you predict how good a team is going to be in a season. You can only go on the previous years form.
Who thought that Hawthorn were going to romp into the finals, Collingwood to slip down after being premiers. There were stages of the season when clubs got on a run, like GC, even Port, look back 6 weeks ago, looked like we could miss altogether.

If the Crows Didn't lose 6 games by under 2 goals and a draw with Brisbane they would be playing finals, that's not Port's fault or the draw.
What a joke.

Coaches votes Top 21 before they went in-camera after RD 22 was completed. Its dominated by mid fielders -20 mids and 1 ruck Gawn.

I have bolded the 17 who made the 44 man AA Squad

VotesPlayerClub
102Isaac HeeneySYD
99Nick DaicosCOLL
99Caleb SerongFRE
95Patrick CrippsCARL
89Lachie NealeBL
84Marcus BontempelliWB
78Errol GuldenSYD
76Zach MerrettESS
75Adam TreloarWB
74Chad WarnerSYD
66Jason Horne-FrancisPORT
65Noah AndersonGCFC
63Zak ButtersPORT
63Luke Davies-UniackeNMFC
63Matt RowellGCFC
62Andrew BrayshawFRE
61Sam WalshCARL
60Hayden YoungFRE
56Max GawnMELB
55Max HolmesGEEL
55Hugh McCluggageBL

Not in Top 21 voting by coaches. They are as bad as umpires at favouring midfielders, 16 mids + Gawn in their top 21 made the AA squad. Missing out of coaches top 21 votes were;

KPD's
Andrews, Weitering, Collins, Sicily, McGovern

Small-Med defenders
Zorko, Ryan, Clark, Whitefield, Sheezel, Houston, Sinclair, Blakey, Bale,

Midfielders
D'ambrosio

Rucks
Cameron, Xerri

Small-Med Forwards
Rayner, Daniels, Stengle, Moore

KPF's
Daniher, Curnow, McKay, Cameron, Hogan, Waterman
I know these guys are good players and deserve there votes but do you think Gawn was the best in his position?

Are they serious, how can you predict how good a team is going to be in a season. You can only go on the previous years form.
Who thought that Hawthorn were going to romp into the finals, Collingwood to slip down after being premiers. There were stages of the season when clubs got on a run, like GC, even Port, look back 6 weeks ago, looked like we could miss altogether.

If the Crows Didn't lose 6 games by under 2 goals and a draw with Brisbane they would be playing finals, that's not Port's fault or the draw.
What a joke.

It was the sort of nuffy voodoo that should've been on Reddit or Farcebook, not the AFL website.

I know these guys are good players and deserve there votes but do you think Gawn was the best in his position?
Over the whole 23 game season yeah he was probably the best / most consistent. I probably saw 10 of his games.

The best individual ruck performance I saw, was the Big O - Oscar McInerney's game against us at AO in the disaster game against Brisbane to "celebrate" 20 years since 2004 flag.

Absolute smashed our rucks and pushed forward and kicked 3 goals, got 7 or 8 clearances, uses his left arm/hand to perfection to feed his mids, lots of contest possessions, including contested marks and plenty of ground ball gets and he gained 400 or 500m.

I love the internet.

Missed 4 games himself through suspension, another at least 3 through injury. But it's Dan Houston's fault that he missed AA selection because of the 1 match Dan cost him. And apparently Dan also stole his spot on the half back flank.

I love the internet.

Missed 4 games himself through suspension, another at least 3 through injury. But it's Dan Houston's fault that he missed AA selection because of the 1 match Dan cost him. And apparently Dan also stole his spot on the half back flank.

I expect that poster believes that Port had the easiest draw this year too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back