Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the internet.

Missed 4 games himself through suspension, another at least 3 through injury. But it's Dan Houston's fault that he missed AA selection because of the 1 match Dan cost him. And apparently Dan also stole his spot on the half back flank.

Heartbreaking!

Call me old school, but would it kill these blokes to put a tie on? Sloppy

View attachment 2096274
Agree, dress code poor! The same as Luke Tyan wearing Sneakers with his suit. I love the look, but there is a time and a place for it, this may be the highest honour someone has bestowed upon them like Houston, Ryan or Weitering. Show your peers the respect they deserve and dress to impress, you’re not that cool and trendy is only fashionable while the trend is in. In 100 years time you just look sloppy and unkept.

This nonsense from Damian Barrett about "Brand Petracca" is some of the most disgusting character assassination I've seen from the AFL media. He has every right to want out of a club that almost killed him with their negligent decision-making, this has almost nothing to do with his "brand" (as if he isn't already one of the most prominent AFL footballers...)

This nonsense from Damian Barrett about "Brand Petracca" is some of the most disgusting character assassination I've seen from the AFL media. He has every right to want out of a club that almost killed him with their negligent decision-making, this has almost nothing to do with his "brand" (as if he isn't already one of the most prominent AFL footballers...)
It's been disgusting. I wonder how much the MFC is paying him.

Far out, Collingwood just can't get their clash Guernsey shit under control at all. Playing Sydney and rather than wearing a predominantly black jumper, they've decided to match the Sydney whiter outfit with their whiter Jumper, despite wearing their darker shorts.

Such a mish mash. It really isn't that hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the internet.

Missed 4 games himself through suspension, another at least 3 through injury. But it's Dan Houston's fault that he missed AA selection because of the 1 match Dan cost him. And apparently Dan also stole his spot on the half back flank.

But good to note that your post got double the likes in this thread than old mate Daz got for his twitter post. ;)

Last edited:
Have you ever heard Petracca or anyone connected to Petracca say 'brand Petracca'?

You've been propaganda'ed my friend. The only people using that phrase are people who have a vested interest in Melbourne looking good and Petracca looking selfish.
Yep that's most likely true. And there's more than a bit of jealousy at work here too is my guess.

There's an article on the Brand Petracca stuff in today's Age btw. (they've even included a link to his Black Bean noodle recipe :)).

While the link between his social media stuff and his rift with the Demons has been blown up for click bait and 'vested interest reasons', that social media stuff has become quite a lucrative money spinner with estimates he makes about $500k a year from it atm. That's just half of what he earns as an AFL footballer but still a nice sideline - good luck to him imho.

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 7.05.48 AM.png

As well as paid deals with those companies, he's also got a Cookbook due for release next year and is brand ambassador for luxury watch retailer, Kennedy:

None of this is illegal or represents a conflict of interest for an AFL star - it just shows he's not just your standard on-field jock but someone with a smart business brain whose prepared to work hard both on and off the field.

The media are loving this pile on. But do they EVER give the same sort of scrutiny to the outside interests and lucrative financial links (say to betting companies) of those within the AFL hierarchy or AFL media partners? (rhetorical question of course).

Last edited:
O'Dowd the Irish ruck on debut, first touch (maybe?) kicks one out of the centre.

Should have faked around that bish and run all the way to goal

GWS win 72-9 and have a percentage of 800 to start the year

Yep that's most likely true. And there's more than a bit of jealousy at work here too is my guess.

There's an article on the Brand Petracca stuff in today's Age btw. (they've even included a link to his Black Bean noodle recipe :)).

While the link between his social media stuff and his rift with the Demons has been blown up for click bait and 'vested interest reasons', that social media stuff has become quite a lucrative money spinner with estimates he makes about $500k a year from it atm. That's just half of what he earns as an AFL footballer but still a nice sideline - good luck to him imho.

View attachment 2097106

As well as paid deals with those companies, he's also got a Cookbook due for release next year and is brand ambassador for luxury watch retailer, Kennedy:

None of this is illegal or represents a conflict of interest for an AFL star - it just shows he's not just your standard on-field jock but someone with a smart business brain whose prepared to work hard both on and off the field.

The media are loving this pile on. But do they EVER give the same sort of scrutiny to the outside interests and lucrative financial links (say to betting companies) of those within the AFL hierarchy or AFL media partners? (rhetorical question of course).
Salted Egg

O'Dowd the Irish ruck on debut, first touch (maybe?) kicks one out of the centre.

Should have faked around that bish and run all the way to goal

GWS win 72-9 and have a percentage of 800 to start the year
Great running and don't want to be a wet blanket .....but she picked up the ball about 3 metres from the centre circle and had just one bounce before kicking the goal from 30 metres out.

That'd be a foul even in gaelic footy.

Swysh? Rachelle must've been rejected from cameo

Haven’t Petrucca and the MFC made up?

Edit:

Yes they have. Announced last night I believe. Storm in a tea cup.

From AFL website:

MELBOURNE midfielder Christian Petracca says he remains committed to the Demons despite weeks of speculation over his future at the club.

Petracca, who is contracted with the Demons until the end of the 2029 season, said he wants to stay in the red and blue despite recent reports he was disgruntled and wanted to leave.

Haven’t Petrucca and the MFC made up?

Edit:

Yes they have. Announced last night I believe. Storm in a tea cup.

From AFL website:

MELBOURNE midfielder Christian Petracca says he remains committed to the Demons despite weeks of speculation over his future at the club.

Petracca, who is contracted with the Demons until the end of the 2029 season, said he wants to stay in the red and blue despite recent reports he was disgruntled and wanted to leave.

No just won't be traded.

Oliver anyone?

Great running and don't want to be a wet blanket .....but she picked up the ball about 3 metres from the centre circle and had just one bounce before kicking the goal from 30 metres out.

That'd be a foul even in gaelic footy.

Not even the old kick to self that the Irish do in their sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back