Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Heads up everyone - Channel 7 is replaying the 2004 GF in the wee hours of the morning.

Yeah I know - we've all got it on DVD and our hard drives but there's something special about watching it on the TV like the old days isn't there?

Not sure about you all but watching that ONE AFL grand final victory for our club always gets an airing in the Festy living room when it gets played on FTA - just like the Shawshank Redemption. Must of watched them both more than two dozen times.

Maybe because it reminds me of the time when the hair on my head and elsewhere was full and dark and things were looking up.

Heads up everyone - Channel 7 is replaying the 2004 GF in the wee hours of the morning.

Yeah I know - we've all got it on DVD and our hard drives but there's something special about watching it on the TV like the old days isn't there?

Not sure about you all but watching that ONE AFL grand final victory for our club always gets an airing in the Festy living room when it gets played on FTA - just like the Shawshank Redemption. Must of watched them both more than two dozen times.

Maybe because it reminds me of the time when the hair on my head and elsewhere was full and dark and things were looking up.

I’ll watched it again but man it’s been a spell between drinks. Fück.

After Collingwood coach Craig McRae confirmed his club wouldn’t pursue Jake Stringer, Ralph revealed on Saturday that call had been made after “deep background checks”. “Now, the Pies are ice cold on Jake Stringer,” he told Fox Footy. “Why? Well, they did some deep background checks on him, and they really like him as a character, but they weren’t thrilled with the company that he keeps.

After Collingwood coach Craig McRae confirmed his club wouldn’t pursue Jake Stringer, Ralph revealed on Saturday that call had been made after “deep background checks”. “Now, the Pies are ice cold on Jake Stringer,” he told Fox Footy. “Why? Well, they did some deep background checks on him, and they really like him as a character, but they weren’t thrilled with the company that he keeps.

And what company would that be?

It'll be Brisbane quite easily imo. I'm talking 40 points plus.

Might be recency bias but I wasn't really impressed with Sydney against us. We won every ball that we needed to, Brisband will do the same except they have a system that will actually get the ball to their forwards.
Well said.
Bruise free prelims are never good prep

Well said.
Bruise free prelims are never good prep

Goes to show that all the uncontested marks they racked up against us was a poor reflection on us and our game plan rather than their superior game plan.
Being able to play exactly the game they wanted to against us was probably the worst preparation they could have had for the Grand Final.

Goes to show that all the uncontested marks they racked up against us was a poor reflection on us and our game plan rather than their superior game plan.
Being able to play exactly the game they wanted to against us was probably the worst preparation they could have had for the Grand Final.

It doesn’t justify. It’s the last game of the season. You must be ready to breath fire.

Lol but DeGoey

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

It doesn’t justify. It’s the last game of the season. You must be ready to breath fire.

Absolutely, they looked practically invincible in the first half of the season, had a rough patch, looked to be back then fell apart like wet tissue paper on the biggest day. Again.

If Port players put in some of the efforts many Sydney players turned in, they would be publicly eviscerated, especially here. There would be no excuses made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely, they looked practically invincible in the first half of the season, had a rough patch, looked to be back then fell apart like wet tissue paper on the biggest day. Again.

If Port players put in some of the efforts many Sydney players turned in, they would be publicly eviscerated, especially here. There would be no excuses made.

My comment wasn't a justification for their performance, but there's no doubt that tough contests are better preparation for big games than walk overs.

It'll be Brisbane quite easily imo. I'm talking 40 points plus.

Might be recency bias but I wasn't really impressed with Sydney against us. We won every ball that we needed to, Brisband will do the same except they have a system that will actually get the ball to their forwards.

Great call.

The Sydney defence looked genuinely flummoxed that Brisbane insisted on kicking to space for their talls to lead into and smalls to run onto.

When the Lions did bomb long on occasion the Swans back six were in full panic mode and gave up a stack of contested marks to all sizes.

It’s almost as if it pays to use the ball intelligently and not be as one-dimensional and predictable as a metronome.

Here is a version with Fiveaa Adelaide call of the 2004 AFL Grand Final featuring Ken "KG" Cunningham, Chris Dittmar and Russel Ebert.

I was listening to him live on the day on radio, cause I was too nervous to watch it. I actually thought KG called it really well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back