Game Day Port v Melbourne 7pm @ MCG, Round 22 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think this would be anywhere near the certainty some people think. Play like the last 6 quarters and we'll win, play like we have the rest of the season and I think we could lose. Melbourne at the G are a different proposition to anywhere else and they beat us here.

#sackhinkley

Melbourne are trash.
We'll win in a canter.

Special Hot Sauce to kick 2 goals 4 points.
Angry Chuck to kick 3 goals and injure 2 Port players.
Radical to clunk 6 contested marks and kick no goals.
Durry to kick the first and last goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

robin baumgarten GIF by WGN Morning News

Our last run on the G before the finals, so let's hope the players & coaches treat it like a final.
Not some half arsed performance like they did against the Suns.

Attitude it's all about the attitude.

Our last run on the G before the finals, so let's hope the players & coaches treat it like a final.

It's funny how non Victorian teams always talk about getting a run on the MCG before finals and yet we haven't played a final on the MCG in a decade. Pretty presumptuous I reckon, clubs with a record as abject as Port shouldn't be getting so far ahead of themselves.

A win tonight more or less guarantees them a spot in the finals.

Melbourne are going to be desperate because a loss will end their slim finals chances.

A win could potentially see Port as high as 2nd on the ladder at the conclusion of the round. However, a loss could put them as low as 8th.

There really is no margin for error at this point of the season.

It's funny how non Victorian teams always talk about getting a run on the MCG before finals and yet we haven't played a final on the MCG in a decade. Pretty presumptuous I reckon, clubs with a record as abject as Port shouldn't be getting so far ahead of themselves.
Regardless of what happens, the possibility of only 1 elimination final being played at the MCG through the finals (based on current standings), until the GF, is so friggin awesome.

To be fair, that is WillemDaDrew's comment, not Port Adelaide's.

Hinkley was asked about playing at the MCG and said

"We have been there enough. We know enough about the MCG. We have to learn to play anywhere, anytime. That is pretty much what we have done. We have travelled pretty well. "It is another opportunity to travel and win - and that is what makes a season: the more away wins you can get is really important."

I don't think this would be anywhere near the certainty some people think. Play like the last 6 quarters and we'll win, play like we have the rest of the season and I think we could lose. Melbourne at the G are a different proposition to anywhere else and they beat us here.

#sackhinkley

So you're saying Melbourne at the MCG won't be easy? Prepare to be pelted. :p

A win tonight more or less guarantees them a spot in the finals.

Melbourne are going to be desperate because a loss will end their slim finals chances.

A win could potentially see Port as high as 2nd on the ladder at the conclusion of the round. However, a loss could put them as low as 8th.

There really is no margin for error at this point of the season.

Will be interesting to see the mindset. Might be a grind I’d say.

If we were going in with a confident capable coach that instills into the players, that we are the team to beat and they are the underdog without form and injuries, then I would feel confident.

Hinkley should be telling his players not to be over confident but play like we did last week and put this team to the sword, they are not in the 8 but we are.

Any game we play under Stinkley is unknown, lose when we should win and win when we should lose.

Point taken.

But have a guess what year it was the last time we played at the MCG late into the season when we were in the top 8 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back