Game Day Port v Melbourne @ the 'G

Remove this Banner Ad

First game day thread of the year!

I’ve been pessimistic all summer about this game, but now I’m confident. This could be just like the game against Sydney in Round 1, 2017 where we went up there with a few new faces in the team and all the pressure was on Sydney to win and we knocked them off. Plus, a team that disappoints like Melbourne does could easily slip up in Round 1.

Port by 29 points.

giphy.gif

Let's get the same result as R1, 2013!

After a pessimistic summer, I'm surprisingly optimistic after seeing a glimpse of a more attacking gameplan and active steps to improve our clear failings of the last 3 years.

We'll need Robbie to have a strong 200th, but if he does and the Lycett/Ryder combo works in practice and Boak and Rocky continue what they started in the pre-season and SPP steps up, along with Hoff continuing his best and fairest form, and one of the debutants continuing our trend of a round 1 rising star performance, we're a chance of surprising their underdone midfield. That is a lot of "ifs", but I have to maintain hope this early in the season for general wellbeing.

Melbourne to kick the first 6 unanswered (9/10 times that happens in Melbourne). Port to climb back... Melbourne to win by 4-5 goals. BOG for Port Westhoff. Oliver with 45 possessions.. ken in a failed attempt will drag Ebert out of the forward line to curb his influence.

Ken to credit the opposition. That's paying $1.05

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would almost prefer an honorable loss over us getting up by a big margin. Just feel we would just get really hyped and then come crashing down when we have our predictable loss against the blues next week.

I’m feeling really good about today, not sure how much of that is blind hope but I’m feeling good. Great to have the footy back again.

Really hope this rain clears up before the game, walking from the Skybus terminal to Fed Square was fine but since I got here to kill time before the VSG pregame it’s just been a steady rain... Stupid Melbourne weather...

I think this’ll be a close game, I didn’t pick us but I think we’ll be really competitive... I hope we’re really competitive at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also congratulations to Justin Westhoff who now has the longest streak of consecutive games in the AFL after Zac Tuohy missed for Geelong this evening.

When he was drafted if you had told people he would be one of the most durable players ever you would have been laughed at

Amazing

Would love to know what his prep during week or game days or after games is like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Port v Melbourne @ the 'G

Remove this Banner Ad

Back