Game Day Port vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1719009421528.png
In 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 I would have been so excited.
In 2024 I'm punch drunk and exited.

Go look at that image below and think about it.
That is the expectation.
Is that acceptable?
You have already been considered, been judged and have been found wanting.
Is that acceptable?

For ONCE, for BLOODY once, let your ANGER at not meeting expectations be more important than your FEAR of not meeting them.
Run through the bastards, and show you still have some ticker.
Prove it.

Show us there is a pulse, or forever guarantee that Travis and others never have their photo on the wall at Alberton.
How dare you let him down after he turned around the fortunes of this club by saying no to Geelong.
How dare you.
He deserves better.
You may not care right now if your picture ends up on the wall at Alberton, but you will in 20 years time when all you are is memories.
Memories of opportunities wasted, with no one to blame but yourselves.

Today is the day you decide how you want to be remembered.

TODAY.

Make your own bloody history, no one else will make it for you.

Stand up or piss off.
If you stand up, it will be supported.

Prove them wrong.

1719000382745.png

1719009658550.png

Last edited:

Sweet breaks even with McInenerny would go a long way to us getting up here.

Butters to bounce back don't remember him playing 2 poor games in a row.

Mitch to kick 8. He's due.

Brisbane by 40+.

Port have just shuffled deck chairs. Can’t see how they stop Cameron.

Great to see a couple of young guys in Logan Evans and Josh Sinn get a game.
Rioli will give the forward line a huge boost.
Finny is up and down.
Sweet for Soldo is about right.

We should get close if Rozee, Butters and the Hornet are firing. If not, we are little to no chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only thing that keeps us in it is that we generally play better in day games at home.

Reality is we should lose.

I would say I don't care about the result, but that's not true. I hope we lose and I hope the blowtorch is turned up on Hinkley as it should be. Unfortunately we can't drop out of the 8 this week but the rot will have well and truly crept in if we lose this.

This will be a cracking game. Good ins for us. Rozee and Butters have to have 25+ possessions for us to have a chance.
Got a good feeling Finlayson will fire up.
We match up well against their forwards.
Dan Houston BOG

You may not care right now if your picture ends up on the wall at Alberton, but you will in 20 years time when all you are is memories.
Memories of opportunities wasted, with no one to blame but yourselves.

You know, this thought actually struck me when watching the 2004 players re-watching the grand final during the week.

Remember how Tredders was generally thought of as aloof and perhaps being a bit too serious about football and expecting the same from everyone else? Well it dawned on me with him sitting there at the front of the theatre room watching the game back with his teammates - now mostly 45-50 years old - that most of those guys who didn't get his approach back then would now totally appreciate the type of leader he was and the demands he had of his teammates.

For these players, playing AFL is just one thing in their life. They're young and free and have almost everything going for them. But when they get to middle age and settle down and maybe sit down to watch future grand finals, they're very likely to be hit with the regret that they were never really able to achieve anything from football other than fleeting fame and fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back