Game Day Port vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine going to watch Port play the most boring and dour game imaginable and then getting a footy card signed by a chief architect of that dour gamestyle. Just cut out the drama and have Chad spit directly in my face.

We'll terrorise Lachie Neale I reckon. Brions by 42

View attachment 2026349
In 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 I would have been so excited.
In 2024 I'm punch drunk and exited.

Go look at that image below and think about it.
That is the expectation.
Is that acceptable?
You have already been considered, been judged and have been found wanting.
Is that acceptable?

For ONCE, for BLOODY once, let your ANGER at not meeting expectations be more important than your FEAR of not meeting them.
Run through the bastards, and show you still have some ticker.
Prove it.

Show us there is a pulse, or forever guarantee that Travis and others never have their photo on the wall at Alberton.
How dare you let him down after he turned around the fortunes of this club by saying no to Geelong.
How dare you.
He deserves better.
You may not care right now if your picture ends up on the wall at Alberton, but you will in 20 years time when all you are is memories.
Memories of opportunities wasted, with no one to blame but yourselves.

Today is the day you decide how you want to be remembered.

TODAY.

Make your own bloody history, no one else will make it for you.

Stand up or piss off.
If you stand up, it will be supported.

Prove them wrong.

View attachment 2026310

View attachment 2026351

Carn ya miserable Toads not one 'like' for Interstater and his OP effort :(.

Whether your 'bummed out' like I am on all things Ports a nod to his effort is just a click away.

As for the game... well it's a pfft from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skimmed through this thread and saw no real football discussion only certifiably depressed individuals spewing pessimism.

I met Zac Butters this week and the first thing he said after getting off at the Tribunal was “great- I get to wear the jumper.” That sentiment raised my enthusiasm for what is a season defining game.

This is a huge game in which we should start as underdogs on form but which we can win. As such, we need a hero- a spark.

We have the cattle- there will never be a game where we have Butters Rozee Wines and Horne-Francis where we can’t win. Any one of the above could be the spark.

This is Sweet’s chance to prove he is an AFL ruckman. The club has talked up Logan Evans and we get to see if that is justified. Our tall backs should match ok on theirs. The game will be won in the midfield but also whether our forward system works.

I think this is a game that will be won by heart. No prediction. We will see who has the bigger heart for it.

Skimmed through this thread and saw no real football discussion only certifiably depressed individuals spewing pessimism.

I met Zac Butters this week and the first thing he said after getting off at the Tribunal was “great- I get to wear the jumper.” That sentiment raised my enthusiasm for what is a season defining game.

This is a huge game in which we should start as underdogs on form but which we can win. As such, we need a hero- a spark.

We have the cattle- there will never be a game where we have Butters Rozee Wines and Horne-Francis where we can’t win. Any one of the above could be the spark.

This is Sweet’s chance to prove he is an AFL ruckman. The club has talked up Logan Evans and we get to see if that is justified. Our tall backs should match ok on theirs. The game will be won in the midfield but also whether our forward system works.

I think this is a game that will be won by heart. No prediction. We will see who has the bigger heart for it.
If you want blind optimism then Facebook is >>> way.

View attachment 2026349
In 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 I would have been so excited.
In 2024 I'm punch drunk and exited.

Go look at that image below and think about it.
That is the expectation.
Is that acceptable?
You have already been considered, been judged and have been found wanting.
Is that acceptable?

For ONCE, for BLOODY once, let your ANGER at not meeting expectations be more important than your FEAR of not meeting them.
Run through the bastards, and show you still have some ticker.
Prove it.

Show us there is a pulse, or forever guarantee that Travis and others never have their photo on the wall at Alberton.
How dare you let him down after he turned around the fortunes of this club by saying no to Geelong.
How dare you.
He deserves better.
You may not care right now if your picture ends up on the wall at Alberton, but you will in 20 years time when all you are is memories.
Memories of opportunities wasted, with no one to blame but yourselves.

Today is the day you decide how you want to be remembered.

TODAY.

Make your own bloody history, no one else will make it for you.

Stand up or piss off.
If you stand up, it will be supported.

Prove them wrong.

View attachment 2026310

View attachment 2026351

Liked so I don't get on Byron's list (and for the Logan's Run reference).

Reads post. Smile appears on face. Single tear.

CARN PORT. U CAN WIN

Could our midfielders all been sick last week against GWS? Is this where the sickness rumours are coming from? Could explain their complete shitness

Watched the blues last night they had owies, forgarty and fantasia in their 22 another small forward durdin as their 23rd AND Motlop as an emergency to round out their 26 listed players for the game.

Meanwhile today we have dbj and mcentee and pick narkle as a sub instead of a genuine small forward in evans or debuting tommy A. The cupboard is so bare simon philipps would get a call up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back