Game Day Port vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never liked the SBS jumper (beyond its subtle reference to the PBs), but have no problem with it as a retro/commemorative guernsey. The way it has highlighted the nature of the club in truly successful times this week has been beneficial in revealing the current aimless milieu I feel.

Brisbane by 25.

When are oppo clubs start putting a defensive tag on Houston? I know we're playing pretty crap but we'd be so much worse if his game was nullified.

This game is the fulcrum of the season. Lose this and it is really all over, time for Hinkley to go immediately and start again.

I have no predictions to make, because who knows what they will do.

Brisbane nearly lost to St Kilda at the Gabba and conceded 100 points to a Ross Lyon coached side, They should hold no fears.

If our midfield fires up we will win this in a canter.

The big question is if Daniher uses a product or is his hair a natural feral greasy look?

You know, this thought actually struck me when watching the 2004 players re-watching the grand final during the week.

Remember how Tredders was generally thought of as aloof and perhaps being a bit too serious about football and expecting the same from everyone else? Well it dawned on me with him sitting there at the front of the theatre room watching the game back with his teammates - now mostly 45-50 years old - that most of those guys who didn't get his approach back then would now totally appreciate the type of leader he was and the demands he had of his teammates.

For these players, playing AFL is just one thing in their life. They're young and free and have almost everything going for them. But when they get to middle age and settle down and maybe sit down to watch future grand finals, they're very likely to be hit with the regret that they were never really able to achieve anything from football other than fleeting fame and fortune.
I guess you could say this about life in general, if we looked at things differently in our youth we might have achieved much more than we have today.
The big plus for today’s AFL footballer is if he stays in the system long enough he can set himself up for life.
You have young lads earning more money a year than the average Joe makes in 5 years.
Yeah money doesn’t buy happiness but you can have a hell of good time being miserable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game is the fulcrum of the season. Lose this and it is really all over, time for Hinkley to go immediately and start again.

Brisbane nearly lost to St Kilda at the Gabba and conceded 100 points to a Ross Lyon coached side, They should hold no fears.

Funny thing is if we did win today and GWS lost to Sydney we will be in the top 4 with Saints, Dogs ,Suns and Tigers over the next 4 weeks.
Not to shabby on paper.

Funny thing is if we did win today and GWS lost to Sydney we will be in the top 4 with Saints, Dogs ,Suns and Tigers over the next 4 weeks.
Not to shabby on paper.

Even on a lesser note, win this and we're 2 games clear in the 8. If that isn't motivation then they may as well start planning their Bali holidays now.

Angry Harrison Ford GIF

I liked the ‘go immediately’ of this post.

Great to see a couple of young guys in Logan Evans and Josh Sinn get a game.
Rioli will give the forward line a huge boost.
Finny is up and down.
Sweet for Soldo is about right.

We should get close if Rozee, Butters and the Hornet are firing. If not, we are little to no chance.

Was confused seeing you mention sinn and had to go to the port site to see he’s replaced boak going out.

Sinn didn’t play any football last week did he? Has he played since his injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back