Game Day Port vs Carlton, Round 20, 2024 @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is amazing, in our 13 in a row last year we didn't beat one of the top 4 away from home?

Yes, looked it up and you are right. Best we could do in that run was Saints (6th) and Swans (8th). Although that is the final standings, not sure where they were when we played them during the minor round.

Last time we met Carlton at Marvel in Round 18 last year we were thumped by 50 points. Dan Houston, who some people are prepared to trade, had 41 touches.

Help yourself to a second Kit Kat Cookbook.
I think these stats need clarification. When we talk about beating top 4 or top 8 sides, are we talking about their position at the time we played them, where they finished the season, or where they sit currently looking retrospectively? These are all very different things. Not making excuses but part of the reason top sides are top sides is because they beat other sides, good and bad. A win against Sydney a few weeks ago doesn't look quite as good now as it did then. The opposite with Fremantle. The real stat that matters is premierships and to lesser extent, finals wins (but the top sides play less finals). You don't need any more than that.

I think these stats need clarification. When we talk about beating top 4 or top 8 sides, are we talking about their position at the time we played them, where they finished the season, or where they sit currently looking retrospectively? These are all very different things. Not making excuses but part of the reason top sides are top sides is because they beat other sides, good and bad. A win against Sydney a few weeks ago doesn't look quite as good now as it did then. The opposite with Fremantle. The real stat that matters is premierships and to lesser extent, finals wins (but the top sides play less finals). You don't need any more than that.
The only position that matters is that which a team finishes at the end of the year. These stats are based on that.

The fact we have lost our last 20 games, away, against opposition that has finished that high is remarkable, and despite any of the curveballs a lop sided draw might bring about, clearly highlights a trend.

I got excited because I read the thread title and thought we were the home team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting stat
A vic club could win the gf & never have to beat a top 4 team interstate
We could make the gf without doing it

Thought the players have looked committed the last 4 weeks.
I still hold a glimmer of hope we can hit a run of form at the right end of year
Need a good start, straight kicking & I want to see the three amigos light it up
Hardly had Rozee, Butters & Jhf all play well together this season.

If the wheels fall off & it becomes a route Hinks is closer to gone

I am most excited for the channel 7 Friday night coverage.
The most balanced and professional football commentary team ever, led by the erudite Brian “PhD” Taylor, James “Understated” Brayshaw, special comments from Matthew “Insight Personified” Richardson, half time with Joel “Head Held High” Selwood.

The most balanced and professional football commentary team ever, led by the erudite Brian “PhD” Taylor, James “Understated” Brayshaw, special comments from Matthew “Insight Personified” Richardson, half time with Joel “Head Held High” Selwood.
As usual, the mute button is your friend.

Over on the Carlton board most are very confident, some view it as a 50/50 danger game
Love for the three amigos to learn them some respect
Carlton has the worst supporters by a country mile
And can’t believe Hinks record v Voss
Master being schooled by his apprentice

Think this is a joke that we will win by 80, think you guys have a very good chance here.
Dont worry, this guy is a Port supporter but won’t watch our games but will watch the Crows weekly. Frequently talking them up but bashing the club he loves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back