Game Day Ports vs. Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't seen the replay but I think it was called for tripping. I assumed at the time Jacki had reached for the ball and made relatively minor contact with a Saints players leg. So of course they called it.

Ump zone changes, they sort of pat their hip or arse.

I have seen the replay and it was just as hard to understand it on the replay. I got the impression that it was for tunneling or something similar. It is hard to see that Trengove did anything to interfere with the Saints player as Jacko was flat on his stomach when contact is made. Stupid rule and even sillier interpretation.

Wish heaps didn't leave...
Seriously I am sick of people carrying on because people left with two ****ing minutes to go. Like I said in a previous thread, if we had lost nothing would be mentioned of it. Not like ****ing crows supporters who leave with 20 minutes to go so they don't miss the ****ing bus.

My only point is that we are not the only team in AFL that looks like sh*t from time to time. The only consistently good squad this season is the Adelaide Crows. All others are unworthy of being in the Top-8 if we are not worthy.

that looks like sh*t from time to time

"from time to time"???????? is this a slight exaggeration I thought we have looked liked poo for a substantial amount of time.
And yet the Crows were 50 points behind a team which has been slowly getting smothered this year and will sack their coach.....
Even the Crows.

Have to say that Impey's last possession turnover was really disappointing and almost undoes anything he's done for us.

I just don't understand. We needed to go forward and he picks the safest option he could. And furthermore he ****s up what should have been a simple kick that gains no ground for us. It's like been the story of his career. One of the greatest physical specimens we've had at the club but like no actual ability.

Gray is our best mid along with Ryder in Ruck so why play him as a forward. Wingard is a forward so why make him a mid fielder. Sam is really a mid so why now a small forward. These sort of changes imo is what stuffed Hammer up.
Hope Ken learned something out of that game because we are now playing a defender as a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

f89y6bU.jpg

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Gray is our best mid along with Ryder in Ruck so why play him as a forward. Wingard is a forward so why make him a mid fielder. Sam is really a mid so why now a small forward. These sort of changes imo is what stuffed Hammer up.
Hope Ken learned something out of that game because we are now playing a defender as a forward.
I agree with te first sentence. Your second sentence is not accurate. Wingard in the midfield must happen in the next few years. And he's more than proven that he's capable

Because Gray has soundness issues.
The worry is now can his groins hold up to the extra load he is now forced to take on.

Wingard is a much better full time mid than Gray now. Gray is probably one of the best impact mids in the game. They are being used perfectly IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did you even watch the game?

They missed 6-7 sitters 20m out some of them straight in front. Absolutely got out of jail.

Which is what we've done for most of the year. Could have easily won another three games this year if we could kick straight.

You won't acknowledge Port being the better side in those instances though.

Have to say that Impey's last possession turnover was really disappointing and almost undoes anything he's done for us.

I just don't understand. We needed to go forward and he picks the safest option he could. And furthermore he ****s up what should have been a simple kick that gains no ground for us. It's like been the story of his career. One of the greatest physical specimens we've had at the club but like no actual ability.

It wasn't a bad choice. If he hit it over Ebert's head we were on. It was horrific execution.

Wingard is a much better full time mid than Gray now. Gray is probably one of the best impact mids in the game. They are being used perfectly IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Not saying it hasn't worked with Chad but Ryder and Gray seem to have a better understanding together, like Lade to Burgoyne.

I agree with te first sentence. Your second sentence is not accurate. Wingard in the midfield must happen in the next few years. And he's more than proven that he's capable
It's ok to have Chad in the midfield, just saying Ryder and Gray are a better mix.
My point overall is, why does Ken want to make forwards out of defenders, mids out of small forwards, all these changes are not the natural positions for players imo. In 2014 where was Chad, Robbie, Trengove, Hartlett all playing and how were we going then. Dixon is also being played to far from goal so that puts pressure on Gray to have to jump and run to mark against taller opposition. Dixon was recruited as goal kicking forward, i want to see him marking in the goal square not an undersized forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Ports vs. Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back