Game Day Ports vs. Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I am pretty aware we didn't play well. We got out of a hole we digged ourselves. There is no disagreement on this.

My only point is that we are not the only team in AFL that looks like sh*t from time to time. The only consistently good squad this season is the Adelaide Crows. All others are unworthy of being in the Top-8 if we are not worthy.

So, under your criterion, AFL should cancel the Finals, since only one team qualifies. But, as I've said, I won't suggest giving the Flag to that team. I still prefer to play the Finals as scheduled, and see what comes out of it...

Honesty, i don't think you are aware whatsoever.

Yes we are not one of the only teams in the 8 (not AFL as you stated) that looks like shit, we are VERY shit considering some of the games we have played played but again i never stated cancel the finals, you need to get this "i need to get everyone on my side so i'll make up some crazy shit" mentality out of your mind. I'm happy to play finals but if they play the way they have been playing lately they not only DON'T deserve to be there but they def won't get very far either.

Our players are overated. This tag that we have a great list is a myth.

I like to think based on our list and coaching we have a good squad but it's games like tonight and the Dees where i do wonder we require MAJOR improvement.

It's not that we haven't drafted well or retained key players, i just can't fathom how players who have one basic job and get paid RIDICULOUS money to do that job can't even hand ball, kick, tackle, defend and score accurately. It seriously boggles the mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed the end but for large parts of that game we looked like Primus football which makes me slightly nervous about next week.
Wouldn't read much into it. I kept counting 12-14 Saints players in our fwd 50. Demons did it to the Crows earlier in the year. It was a wet game, and they really made it hard for us going into 50. I think we just need to learn to put it to a contest than to just waste it.

Probably our 2nd best play tonight, was Robbie gray, holding up the play, kicking side ways waiting for players to run forward. I can't remember what happened, but we went into fwd 50 as a result. Its something we've lacked in the past, but was well composed..

Every side in the 8 has beaten a ok side though. We haven't. We stand out in that regard. We need to change this next week
That stat is largely irrelevant given the closeness of the season. And the points on the ladder is what counts. Right now, we are 5th.

Lost to GWS without Hombsch and Ryder.

West Coast was teh game that got away.

Geelong should have been a win, if we just kept tight on Danger in that last minute, and Dixon went back and slotted the goal.

But all teams have had this too. We are not alone.

For those that enjoy the emotional roller coaster from melts to euphoria, Page 45 is round about where Impey's kick gets intercepted. Jeez some people lose their shit...I just break mine. :)

Anyway, someone will know...

In the last quarter, did that "Play On - Advantage" given to St. Kilda following a MARK in their back line, result in a goal to them too?

As for the overall display from the umpires...I wish that they could either pinch our nipples of buy us a drink or three before going about f****** us! Horrendous performance.

David King and the AFC Employee weren't much better.

Looking at the games so far this round, Richmond's minus 6 is the biggest reaming of an out-of-state team in the free kick count: in the other games it ranges from slightly behind to slightly ahead to St Kilda's scandalous miles ahead. Perhaps the umpires have been specifically directed to resist the 'Noise of Affirmation' this round - or maybe just the umpires for Alan Richardson's game.

I'm in tears. Two years of pent up frustration at losing every single ****ing one of these games is coming out. Unbelievable.
I almost had a tear, the bottom lip definitely quivered. Was personally just so pumped that we fought through all the adversity of incredibly bad umpiring and stick it right back in their ****ing cheating faces. The fact we also finally won a game when we didn't play great was also huge!

Honesty, i don't think you are aware whatsoever.

Yes we are not one of the only teams in the 8 (not AFL as you stated) that looks like shit, we are VERY shit considering some of the games we have played played but again i never stated cancel the finals, you need to get this "i need to get everyone on my side so i'll make up some crazy shit" mentality out of your mind. I'm happy to play finals but if they play the way they have been playing lately they not only DON'T deserve to be there but they def won't get very far either.

Our differences are: on the quality of opposition; and on the seriousness of the debate.

I believe we are pretty much on equal footing with all other Top-8 teams, except the Crows. And my arguments are not always serious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Ports vs. Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back