Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the idea of music and pre-game entertainment - I wish all clubs did it wel. Crows just try to trigger seizures in everyone in the stadium. Best one I ever saw was Tigers with their music and drums and all sorts of shit going. Optus looks good on TV but never been there in person.

Port just tried to rip off YNWA and that's why it's embarrassing. You need more than 25 years of history to pull off something like that #wharfpiers

I like the idea of music and pre-game entertainment - I wish all clubs did it wel. Crows just try to trigger seizures in everyone in the stadium. Best one I ever saw was Tigers with their music and drums and all sorts of sh*t going. Optus looks good on TV but never been there in person.

Port just tried to rip off YNWA and that's why it's embarrassing. You need more than 25 years of history to pull off something like that #wharfpiers

Lol a crom fan talking about history is pretty embarrassing. Port Adelaide football club was founded in 1870. Facts don't care about your feelings.

Lol a crom fan talking about history is pretty embarrassing. Port Adelaide football club was founded in 1870. Facts don't care about your feelings.

Is that the PAFC that the Port Power disowned previously? Seems to me history is only a thing the tealbaggers care about when it suits them.

Our history goes back to 1877 thank you very much and we've never disowned it.

Its an up yours to the SANFL.
When Port entered the AFL, Port wanted to move the whole club into the AFL. The SANFL, scared of losing its biggest drawcard made Port maintain a team in the SANFL. But they also forbid the Port Magpies having anything to do with the Power. A new entity was created, at great cost to Port called the Port Adelaide Magpies Foitball club, shunted off the an Amateur League Oval, but still retaining all the old Port Adelaide symbolism, guernsey, Magpies moniker, club song etc. It fractured the supporter base and caused our detractors, of which there are many, to question who was the "Real" Port.

The clubs were "reunited", lead by some club legends a decade ago at the clubs nadir, and undoubtedly the club has been much stronger since.

So in a nutshell, the vindictive campaigners at the SANFL tore the club apart in 1997 Which severely weakened usand that was rectified in 2010. That is what it means. Kapish?

Luxury cars from China ?!.

My phone and my shoes are all made in Vietnam FYI.
Gola are a good brand of sports shoe, they are made in England only since 1910, you could get them here in the 70s but no more, good quality too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're kidding me aren't you? Do you live in a cave? How are you making this post?

Your phone is made in China. The Nintendo your mum bought you for christmas is made in China. Your shoes are made in China (do you have nice shoes? Nike, ADIDAS, Converse... all made in China).

Your computer, your television, the luxury car you can't afford... all the best sh*t is from China.
Some of the products from China are good but hell, to pay $250 for a pair of Nike shoes is way over the top, most of the clothing from rebel sport is crap, mainly polyester, I remember meeting Kym Hodgeman from Glenelg who had a sports store in Adelaide , there you could get a good quality football jumper made of natural fibre, if they didn’t have it they would take your measurements and order one for you, great days.

Stop lying.

Jaguar produce cars all over the world including China.

Similarly, Nike produce sneakers all over the world, with China and Vietnam accounting for 36% each of their manufacturing. Obviously the cheap range of Nikes would not come from Vietnam.

Samsung phones were produced in China until 2019, which explains why their phones are so inferior today. That said, everyone knows that the electronic components that make up your crappy phone: the PCBs, capacitors, resistors, semiconductors, integrated circuits, SoC's etc are all manufactured in slave labour camps in China.

And finally I can't believe you actually admitted to buying clothes at Uniqlo and had the audacity to throw shade at Converse sneakers.
It’s not China’s fault, it is the cunning entrepreneurs way of making quick money.

Huh? Not sure what that means, don’t take it seriously bruz, it’s just super-cringe. If Melbourne did something similar I’d say the same thing.

I'm glad the blues haven't tried something similar - the PA would be belting out Mel and Kim as we hold up our scarves and sway together while belting out "Take or leave us, but honey please believe us, we ain't never gonna be respectable"

Accompanying video clip below because teenage me remembers all too well that Mel had no bra while dancing

I'm glad the blues haven't tried something similar - the PA would be belting out Mel and Kim as we hold up our scarves and sway together while belting out "Take or leave us, but honey please believe us, we ain't never gonna be respectable"

Accompanying video clip below because teenage me remembers all too well that Mel had no bra while dancing

That is mesmerising. Thanks Mel!

Some of the products from China are good but hell, to pay $250 for a pair of Nike shoes is way over the top, most of the clothing from rebel sport is crap, mainly polyester, I remember meeting Kym Hodgeman from Glenelg who had a sports store in Adelaide , there you could get a good quality football jumper made of natural fibre, if they didn’t have it they would take your measurements and order one for you, great days.

High end Nikes and Reeboks cost $200 in the early 90s. Taking inflation into account 250 bucks is a bargain

I think this would be an extremely appropriate pre during post game tune for Port to play. It captures the essence and pride of being the biggest team in town.

Cool. Now I know.

It's still cringe.

Guess we can put that notion to bed.

I don't think anyone is trying to argue that Port playing INXS isn't incredibly embarrassing for the club and fans alike.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back