Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a thought - would it be worth bringing in Ryan Crowley?

I'd just play him twice a year - both on Dangerfield.
Still like Vince more for that role, really stopped him from having any influence.

If Dangerfield starts to get the Joel Selwood treatment with the umpires after all these years of getting very little, I'll rage.

Still like Vince more for that role, really stopped him from having any influence.

If Dangerfield starts to get the Joel Selwood treatment with the umpires after all these years of getting very little, I'll rage.

I would put money his free kick count goes up significantly.

Given our history, we will probably trade pick 13 for Vince...

If no trades involving players are done using Picks 28 & 32 can definitely see them packaging them up and looking to trade them for one of either Brisbane's Pick 21 or Gold Coast's Pick 22 (would suggest Sun's compo pick @ 19 but don't think they're able to trade it)
Compo picks can be traded.

You just can't do one-sided "side deals", as a condition (even if not officially documented as such) of releasing a FA.

For example, the following would have been a fair outcome:
Adelaide
OUT: Dangerfield (RFA), Pick 50
IN: Pick 9, Pick 14 (RFA compo)

But the AFL would never have approved a swap of pick 50 for pick 9, as the only officially registered trade.

Once a compo pick has been awarded, there are absolutely no problems with trading it.

Yeah, I don't think the difference between 5 and 9 would be great enough to warrant an 11 pick slide from 13-24.

Might consider it for Gold Coasts 3 and 22. Gives us the surity of getting the guy we would be hoping to slide to 5.
What about if we did the pick swap with Essendon.... 4 & 23?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there is no such thing as a premiership window.

people need to let go of that ridicolous notion.
I don't think you can deny that the balance of a squad - age and games played profile - is historically a specific makeup. Sure you can get anomalies, but on the whole, the premiers tend to have players that predominantly fall into specific brackets of age and games played. If your squad is not in these brackets, the likelihood of winning the flag is small. So whether it's a window or a profile is irrelevant really, because it is a fact.

Is Atkins still out of contract? Wouldnt be surprised if he is been offered around.
Nobody is really quite sure what Atkins' contract situation is. He, along with Lyons, may already be contracted for 2016.

With CEY and Matt Crouch both close to re-signing, that really leaves Wright, Grigg and Kerridge as players likely to be traded or delisted.

Not sure how I feel about the pick 9 and 13 for 5 rumour.

I think if you go by the draft points system we are paying overs there. Doubt we will let both go. It will be only 9 or 13.

Can anyone confirm how many senior spots we have available on our list now?

By my calc we only have 2 senior spots left but 4 draft picks.

I think if you go by the draft points system we are paying overs there. Doubt we will let both go. It will be only 9 or 13.

Can anyone confirm how many senior spots we have available on our list now?

By my calc we only have 2 senior spots left but 4 draft picks.

You are correct.

In: Gore, ROB, Kelly
Out: Danger, Martin, Siggins, Pods, Reilly (I remembered them this time!)

Also expecting Hampton in, so possibly 1 spot, with picks 9,13,28 and 32.

So we'll be cutting/trading out more players.

There will be lots of ducking at Geelong next year. Both Selwoods and it wont surprise me if Danger starts doing it. Free kick count will go through the roof.

Back on topic. Definitely keep 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back