Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish IMO
Crows won't let Talia go as easy as danger

Talia has serious talent & team first attitude

Danger only held 50% of that

Give the lad 6years crows
I don't even.
We need to be patient... Quick fixes like Bennell are not the answer for where we are at...
It sucks but its reality.. No clubs can lose Gunston, Davis, Danger, Maric and Tippett and expect to be in a premiership window...
I remember when our premiership window was meant to be just around the corner in 2009....

You're giving it up on potential though. Id say a first and a 2nd.
Hey, it's not potential, its the ankle issues that are the problem here. He is one of the best forwards NOW when he is fit. If his medical is OK and his ankles are managable, I give up 2 first rounders in a heartbeat. Players of his talent, size, athleticism are very very hard to find. Hell I wanted us to get him before Jenkins pulled his finger out towards the end of the season (in terms of his contested work)

Wouldn't the deal with St Kilda be more along the lines of picks 9 and 13 for 5 and 24?

I would rather use the picks we've got TBH.

Yeah, I don't think the difference between 5 and 9 would be great enough to warrant an 11 pick slide from 13-24.

Might consider it for Gold Coasts 3 and 22. Gives us the surity of getting the guy we would be hoping to slide to 5.

Wouldn't the deal with St Kilda be more along the lines of picks 9 and 13 for 5 and 24?

I would rather use the picks we've got TBH.

Yeah unfortunately I think it's that deal exactly... Which I again agree thinking we should just keep what we've got at this point

Also, with our potential pick upgrades, GWS plan on using one of their picks on their academy picks right? So that's kind of locked in meaning we're kind of moving up one less spot given we already know who they're selecting/can't beat them to that selection. The prospect of two top 10 picks sounds great.

That said, I'd still rather get some players that can start to improve our side now when the likes of Betts, Jacobs, Talia, Sloane, Tex are all in their prime.

We are not in a premiership window and need to use those first few picks at the draft..
With our recent drafting record we should be confident we can pull out two gems.
Get Hampton in and Anderson at 28...
I'd look at keeping all of Grigg, Kerridge and Lyons..

We need to be patient... Quick fixes like Bennell are not the answer for where we are at...
It sucks but its reality.. No clubs can lose Gunston, Davis, Danger, Maric and Tippett and expect to be in a premiership window...

If Walsh were still here I think we would be in a premiership window, as is I think we've been pushed back a year tops in when we should genuinely enter our window. As such I think players in their early to mid 20's should be seriously looked at and that draft picks should absolutely be considered tradeable for the right deal.

Unfortunately doesn't look like we get a genuine A-Grader to replace Danger this year, but hopefully we can make some massive offers next year with the carry over dollars, making 2017 our year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Walsh were still here I think we would be in a premiership window, as is I think we've been pushed back a year tops in when we should genuinely enter our window. As such I think players in their early to mid 20's should be seriously looked at and that draft picks should absolutely be considered tradeable for the right deal.

Unfortunately doesn't look like we get a genuine A-Grader to replace Danger this year, but hopefully we can make some massive offers next year with the carry over dollars, making 2017 our year.
Brad Crouch's fitness will be a major factor in all of this.

After reading Emma Quayles book - I have a new found appreciation for the recruiting team and trades can fall over for a million different reasons. Just because we are sometimes disappointed that we weren't more active etc doesn't mean we didn't give it a red hot crack!

The book mentions Swans wanted pick 41 from the Saints for Membrey and the saints actually thought that was very fair. But they didn't want to do the trade because of their list profile and the amount of selections/upgrades they needed to commit to.

It's like people saying we could have got pick 2 and 3 for Danger last year - that would never have happened! Danger wouldn't have gone.

I reckon pick 9 is locked up, we have put it in our safe and won't touch it until draft night.

We will see if we can try turn pick 13 into a top 10 pick though and would give up 28 and 32 to get there and if Kerridge is looking to go, he may be involved.

So the question is, what does it take to turn 13 into a top 10 pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back