Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becuase I got told Menzel info could be leaked as it was a very good chance. The other one I got told to keep quiet, until I hear differently. Didn't want to burn any bridges with an old friend.
Redhorse I know you must be sick of notifications but I have to ask.

Have you heard anything that may see another player (bar wright) leave the club this trade period?

Simple open question that I'm sure many here would love to hear the answer to.

Do we sit tight with 9 & 13 or do we look to move up or grab someone else? What's available at those spots this year, anything worthwhile? We got Lever at 14 last year so surely at least one of those picks could get us a gun.
Barring a trade for a star, sit tights.

I think we are done for this year. Nail picks 9 and 13 and all of a sudden the period could be a big tick if we develop the players we recruited properly and they fulfill their potential.

Can anyone imagine the damage we'd do once Tex/JJ miss a mark then brings the ball to ground?
Can you imagine Eddie, Menzel & Cameron lurking nearby for the loose ball?
Those 3 smalls have serious x factor & can snap them on both feet from anywhere.
Gotta get rid of this misconception about these players being smalls:
Betts ....173cm

Charlie :hearts: .....183cm

Menzel .....187cm

M.Crouch .....180cm

R. Douglas .....180cm

R.Sloane .......183cm

S.Thompson ......184cm

Verdict: apart from Betts the others are tallish .....plus it shows how small our midfield is & how lacking in marking power our midfield is

1996 - Brett James, Trent Ormond-Allen, Clay Sampson, Aaron Keating, Nick Laidlaw, Barry Standfield
2001 - Ryan Fitzgerald, Kris Massie, Ben Nelson, Daniel Schell
2011 - Luke Brown, Josh Jenkins, Lewis Johnston, Tom Lynch
Yeah but, any other year this year! lol, I'm so happy

Betts ....173cm

Menzel .....187cm

M.Crouch .....180cm

R. Douglas .....180cm

R.Sloane .......183cm

S.Thompson ......184cm

Verdict: apart from Betts the others are tallish .....plus it shows how small our midfield is & how lacking in marking power our midfield is
Our midfield got a lot taller this trade period. Plus CEY will play more minutes now.

Betts ....173cm

Menzel .....187cm

M.Crouch .....180cm

R. Douglas .....180cm

R.Sloane .......183cm

S.Thompson ......184cm

They aren't small in regards to the general population, but you need to look at the AFL environment in isolation.

This article (although 2 years old) suggests the average height in AFL is 188cm, whilst the average height of men in general pop aged 18-24 is 178.4cm.

So within the AFL those players (except betts) are all below average, whilst in general terms, above average.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/size-matters-at-afl-level/story-e6frf9jf-1226650225771

IN: 9, Menzel, Seedsman, Hampton, Gore

As well as having another first round pick, and all this under trying circumstances...

giphy.gif

Your mail must be different to mine then. Everyone I've talked to thinks he'll be a gun and are just wary of Port trumping him. He is the perfect needs player for us, versatile, fast, great disposal, good decision maker and will end up running through the middle.
Think Luke Hodge 15 years ago.... Well hopefully.
Bonner like Luke Hodge ? ......sorry not even remotely close

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interested to see what brand of football we play next year.

Total football looking more a reality now.

Super well organised defensive team that traps the ball in F50 and limits inside D50s. Then breaks with fast hard running to an open forward line filled with the most dangerous mofo's on the planet.

Total football right there.

Betts ....173cm

Menzel .....187cm

M.Crouch .....180cm

R. Douglas .....180cm

R.Sloane .......183cm

S.Thompson ......184cm

183 is 6 foot
below that is short, especially for athletes

Super well organised defensive team that traps the ball in F50 and limits inside D50s. Then breaks with fast hard running to an open forward line filled with the most dangerous mofo's on the planet.

Total football right there.
I'm watching footy of the 1970's Dutch team, they do alot of running.

Hypothetical
Gold Coast trade picks 6 & 16 for 9 & 13
6 is two picks greater than 9
13 is two picks greater than 16
fairly even trade except of course perceived quality tapers pick per pick
6+16=~2800 9+13=~2700. I'd be happy to chuck in some steak knives to get it over the line ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back