Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly wouldn't have minded that aspect if we weren't getting significantly below market value. Instead, we've handed them a chip to bargain with after they've already come out on top. Alternatively, they could give us their 2016 first rounder and keep their second round picks.

It feels a lot like we squeezed out a fair bit less than we could and should have.
Yup, I wanted 2 x first rounders too. I just hope and pray that Dean is not another inside mid that will rotate that spot each week with CEY, Lyon and Grigg.

No. Forget about gore, he's steak knifes ands value is nothing. So we get pick 9 and 28 for one of the best midfielders in the competition and the the deal gets done before lunch time on day one.

Absolutely pathetic.
9 is better than 14 immediately. End of story. We matched, or at least made noises about it to get better than one pick, 14.

The rest of your argument is noise.

If they were my client I would advised them to take the deal as there will be more at play and it achieved what they wanted in realistic terms. . No other deals would have been done until this was done. No point missing out on other targets to then accept 9, 2016 second rounder and Murdoch.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Which lots of them did.

itsfofreegif.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images

MELTDOWN!!!!!!

Worst we could have got was nothing if we didn't deal and he got through to the Scats in the draft.
AFL said he was worth 14.

The official Dangerfield Deal:
Geelong receives: Patrick Dangerfield and pick 50
Adelaide receives: Picks 9 and 28 and Dean Gore

If we strike out Dean Gore being worth #50, it's effectively PD for #9 and #28. I'd have been happy with #1-#5 and #10-#20, so meh.

I suspect we gave the Scats #50 to help them fill the holes in their list.

I am excited to have two picks in the top 13 though. We'd better ****ing keep them. It'll be like we're GWS or something!

Ah yes... hello good people. I wonder if anyone would like to offer an apology for rubbishing me the other night. Turns out my mail was pretty good - but we got a second round pick to boot. Pretty sure Gore was hardly mentioned before I posted that on Saturday night. Then we had the likes of Brentmeister crows98 et al criticising me. I believe the latter even said my mail was total BS. I'll just leave it here for anyone's benefit who cares:

Hello people. A few hours ago I came with good news. Now I have not so good news. Just ran into a best 22 Geelong player I know very well. He has told me Pick 9 and Dean Gore is the deal for Danger.
Disclaimer: I'd be ROPEABLE if this is the deal and would consider not renewing my membership, but thought I'd pass it on regardless. Fingers crossed it's just the "Geelogic version" of what will be done. Of course they're going to have a more biased view and more one sided information going around their playing group... Here's hoping we demand more.

Ah yes... hello good people. I wonder if anyone would like to offer an apology for rubbishing me the other night. Turns out my mail was pretty good - but we got a second round pick to boot. Pretty sure Gore was hardly mentioned before I posted that on Saturday night. Then we had the likes of Brentmeister crows98 et al criticising me. I believe the latter even said my mail was total BS. I'll just leave it here for anyone's benefit who cares:
So are you renewing your membership or not?

I'm not saying sorry. I didn't see this post

Yup, I wanted 2 x first rounders too. I just hope and pray that Dean is not another inside mid that will rotate that spot each week with CEY, Lyon and Grigg.
this deal could end up on par with 2 1st rounders- all depends on turning the 2nd rounder into something in trade and the evolution of gore who v easily could have been top 30 in last yrs draft

as for gore- think he may spend time at half back with his burst speed, kicking and tackling (loves the rough stuff)

9 is better than 14 immediately. End of story. We matched, or at least made noises about it to get better than one pick, 14.

The rest of your argument is noise.

If they were my client I would advised them to take the deal as there will be more at play and it achieved what they wanted in realistic terms. . No other deals would have been done until this was done. No point missing out on other targets to then accept 9, 2016 second rounder and Murdoch.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Better in 2 ways

1. It's an upgrade on the compo pick

2. It's Geelong's pick not the AFL pick that they had to hand over

If you'd said something about a second round people wouldn't have been mad. I don't think anyone owes you an apology for that one. That we got a better deal than what was mentioned is a good thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back