Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree ...with someone like parker just wondering what the motivation would be for leaving the swans , big $$ obviously to leave but usually takes something else especially for a non south
aus

The only way I see a big fish coming is with a godfather 800-900k per year wage minimum
& Sydney with their salary cap squeeze are just the type of club we should be targeting.

Wouldn't it be ironical if tippett's big salary helped us outprice them for 1 of their guns...

No that's a useless pick in this draft, we will want a pick in the 20s at a minimum. His value at the AFC has gone up with the departure of PD as he is an insider with X factor.
He's an uncontracted player who didn't play in the second half of the year, as much as we might like, he's not going to net us a pick in the 20s as a minimum imo.

Seedsman can't get a game at Collingwood - unless it's a straight swap for Mackay, why would we want him?

179986_eb85729f3a061bf048cf47d17f1a9cc7.png

If we haven't even tried to get him, I will be furious.

The one player available who could come close to replacing Danger, and it appears as though we haven't even fired a shot.

Given Stephen Silvagni has been brought in to rebuild Carlton's list from the ground up and talk that he is going to be ruthless I can see some of their "older" A graders not likely to still be around for a Premiership tilt being put on the table for future draft picks and player swaps for developing "young" players. Marc Murphy being just one.
Carlton have A-graders?

So we are back to the "big fish" again

Well I can't see any big fish until danger has been delt, I can't see any real rumours until danger has been delt, I can't see us giving any big name a serious offer until danger has been delt

I think we have our plans but they are yet to be acted on

& Sydney with their salary cap squeeze are just the type of club we should be targeting.

Wouldn't it be ironical if tippett's big salary helped us outprice them for 1 of their guns...
Fantastic ...like the theory and live to see it unfold ....if rumours of buddy retiring and the contract being void then salary cap opens up again

Agreed. It's a competition....one that we are coming off second best in most off-field dealings. In particular, player movements.
How? Why are we coming off second best? With which players ... I understand the angst, but in reality it is not true. The lost draft picks and players from the Tippett Saga have been our biggest problem in the last few years - by a long way.

We had a massive crack at trying to get Jeremy Cameron. Redhorse called it - we all believed - then it didn't come off. BUT the info was good coz it came out that we had a real go at him:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...n-five-year-deal/story-e6frf3e3-1227249965124
"Cameron rejected the overtures of a host of Melbourne clubs who were circling and an offer from the Adelaide Crows which was even bigger than the one he signed with GWS."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised if some Sydney youngsters are fed up with both living in Sydney (COL) and also Tippett and Buddy taking the lion share of the salary cap.
I imagine if Franklin retires they won't have any salary cap issues once the AFL decide Franklin's salary won't count towards the TPP (Because God forbid a Sydney team struggles and they'll argue that Franklin and the removal of COLA puts them $2 million behind every other team)

Fantastic ...like the theory and live to see it unfold ....if rumours of buddy retiring and the contract being void then salary cap opens up again
Yes, so we need to get in quick before buddy disappears quicker than white powder on his table...

So we are back to the "big fish" again

Well I can't see any big fish until danger has been delt, I can't see any real rumours until danger has been delt, I can't see us giving any big name a serious offer until danger has been delt

I think we have our plans but they are yet to be acted on

Its not trade week yet, how would anything have been acted on? Of course we wont make trades until we have the currency to do it.

And Toumpas should be a no brainer - local boy, star youngster who hadn't come on due to injury and possibly environment, fantastic decision maker, good pace and elite skills.

He's exactly what we need.
I think for what he has delivered - he will be over-priced and a fair risk. What have you seen that makes you think he is elite in anything at AFL level? I'm genuinely asking because I have only seen someone who looks out of their depth.

Getting a player after he has not panned out from a top draft pick very rarely works out. Getting players that show what you want in the field of battle is a much safer and more reliable bet than using the draft position as some sort of measure. Use the draft to go for speculative talent - for sure - but use trades to improve your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back