Up the Coasters Post Season Awards 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Gawn the All-Australian ruckman again.
What the actual heck?
If Neale wins another Brownlow and Geelong wins the premiership this season we will legit be in the darkest timeline.

Darkest timeline? Sounds more like a clip show

A lot of people losing it at jacko/pav using their influence to pick Waterman in the side but I suspect Kane Cornes would have been a much bigger influence than them

Pav?!

He got 5 of his boys in the squad and managed to slip Luke Ryan into the team (as questionable, if not more, than Waterman). That would be where his influence lies.

I highly doubt the he was pushing WCE players any different than the rest.

I’m not privy to the whole process but I would imagine the panel work together on the squad and that there will be a bit of influence each way there but then when it comes to voting on the actual team, they’d only have 1 ‘vote’ there (they’d submit a 22) and then they’d go with the consensus. That would make sense.

So happy for the boys to make it in there.
Gov definitely deserves to be there when you do a comparison with all the other KPD's.
Collins was unlucky though, should have been there instead of Ryan in my books.
Well done to Loosh also well deserved, had he not of missed those few games he would have probably had a few more goals under his belt as well.
Gawn is a freak but I think he was a bit favored this year. Someone else should have been in there, albeit by a narrow margin.

Well a few posters over the journey have labled Jake not AFL standard and worse.

Looks like you had no idea.

You know who you are.

GIF by A24

I’m aware I posted this tweet already but at the time I just thought it was a kinda funny stat. Then I looked at the teams on that list

St Kilda 1995 (Winmar & Harvey) -14th/16 : Made a GF in 1997

Hawthorn 2005 (Croad, Hodge & Everitt) - 14th/16 : Won a GF in 2008

Fremantle 2008 (Pavlich & Sandilands) - 14th/16 : Made a GF in 2013

Bulldogs 2013 (Griffin & Minson) - 15th/18 : Won a GF in 2016

All 4 made a grand final within 5 years

Just saying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Err, what? This is a touch of recency bias methinks.

Cox was far better than Gawn.

Sounds like nostalgia bias. Far better?

What is it that you think cox did better? Kicking for goal is one. He had a higher tank but didn’t really bring him that many extra possessions. Gawn is just dominant when ball was in the air in his area.

Cox is the second best Ruckman i've seen play after Madden. ****ing Gawn over Cox you have to be having a laugh. Shit Sandi was a better player than Gawn.

(I'm discounting TI as a ruck as he could and did play anywhere and was as much a CHF as a ruck even though imo he's the best player i've seen play the game)

Sounds like nostalgia bias. Far better?

What is it that you think cox did better? Kicking for goal is one. He had a higher tank but didn’t really bring him that many extra possessions. Gawn is just dominant when ball was in the air in his area.
He did everything better.

Gawn isn't in the same convo as Cox.

First since 2014? Ya wat? A period we made two Grand Finals, and won one?

Had a look and it went:

2015: Fyfe
2016: Neale
2017: Fyfe
2018: Neale
2019: Fyfe
2020: Fyfe
2021: Brayshaw
2022: Brayshaw
2023: Serong

Dean Cox never won it (Sandilands did), JK never won it (Pav won it THREE TIMES), Cuz won it once, Judd won it once, Fyfe won it FIVE TIMES.

What the **** even is this award?

Had a look and it went:

Dean Cox never won it (Sandilands did), JK never won it (Pav won it THREE TIMES), Cuz won it once, Judd won it once, Fyfe won it FIVE TIMES.

The amount of salt in the comments from freo nuffies complaining Yeo won it is hilarious.
Even funnier with this context.

Had a look and it went:

It's flogmantles premiership cups.

You need to have empathy. Their trophies cabinet is dusty

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Coasters Post Season Awards 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back