Prediction Round 23, 2024: Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cripps, Walsh, Hewitt, Acres.... Where's the so called injury to their mid line-up? Their mids are going to he the ones slicing and scoring goals from clearances
Out of the last 3 smashings from them do you know how many that quartet have kicked against us in total?

6 Goals between the 4 of them over 3 matches.
That's an average of 2 goals a game.

Curnow and Mackay are the ones that kick the goals.
Those 2 are not playing.

No Barrass, he was ready to return last 2 weeks, what does that imply?
If he's busy packing his bags, no send off for the 150 gamer?
Just quietly slips off into the night...

No Barrass, he was ready to return last 2 weeks, what does that imply?
If he's busy packing his bags, no send off for the 150 gamer?
Just quietly slips off into the night...
I'd be all for a farewell game but the issues is wce nuffies may rally around trying to keep TB. We can't have that happening. Awkward situation allround.

That's interesting Avalor, people say they don't like durian but they eat blue vein - well, it's in the same ballpark for obnoxious stinky stuff, so why can't they eat durian? Mr. Kerrpow has said he doesn't like either and fair enough, I get that.
I lived in Indonesia for 15 years and I love durian, velvety soft, sweet and very more-ish, with an exotic aroma!! :tearsofjoy:
I also love stilton and blue vein type cheeses, but I stop at anything with worms tapping on the foil packet?

There's an Indo Dirty Icecream stall in Carousel. I had a scoop of each of their durian and pandan. They were both amazing.

Sorry mods had to get in in the icecream talk.

Carlton have a fairly experienced bodies mostly fit full of bigger bodies. Regardless of the outs, whether we win or not will largely depend on how well we manage to contain Walsh and Cripps. They should still get supply and the worry in a week where they lose their big guys is that they will line up largely unpredictable.

Kennedy, Hewett, Acres, Oliver Hollands and Concetta (who I expect to see tag Yeo or Reid) are a decent supporting act. Also expect to see Williams, Elijah Hollands rotate off the HFF and given some more midfield time too- both of those guys are quite dynamic.

Will be good to see how we line up against the midfield.

Confidence is a funny thing, I dare say if we are a chance we will need to jump them early. If it’s close late I dare say Carlton has the class to get over the line that GC or North simply don’t have, even with the outs.
Curnow and McKay are massive outs for them. Besides kicking half their score they allow them an outlet on the wings or in the forward line.

They are going to miss those two big time. Must be a long time since they played with both of them out.

Surely Barrass is being held out, and probably has been held out, since he's made it clear to us that he wants out

As has been mentioned, no point risking an injury to him if he stands to net us some decent draft picks

I suspected a couple weeks back either WCE or Barrass (or both)are keeping him out (rather than an injury).

Looking more likely now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember back in 2020 going over to Sydney to play Carlton at the SCG with a really long injury list and winning when we really had no right to.

The reporting on Carlton this week had all the hallmarks of that week in reverse. Media largely reporting the injury troubles they are facing and only having “11 to choose from to replace them”. (lol)

FWIW A whole lot of unknowns with Carlton, I’d prefer to face them with Curnow and McKay in current form. Their smalls worry me on form and they surely will be planning on fast movement we struggle to contain.

Big outs, for sure, at Carlton, but we have won 10 matches in 3 years, and they should be contending. If they can’t beat us this week, it speaks real volumes of the true depth of their list.

For us, im excited to see us play with a bit of confidence and see Cripps and Walsh fended off at least once by Reid.

There's an Indo Dirty Icecream stall in Carousel. I had a scoop of each of their durian and pandan. They were both amazing.

Sorry mods had to get in on the icecream talk.
I'm sure there's a way to segue durian ice cream back to today's list changes?
There I was slurping my durian ice cream when suddenly I heard Tom Barrass isn't playing this week!?...;)

“Tom’s had some general back and hamstring stiffness. He did train fully today, so we’ll see how he goes on Thursday, so he’ll be a test again for this week,” High Performance Manager Mat Inness told westcoasteagles.com.au.
Gosh darn it Tommy, couldn't quite get over the line this week, just like you couldn't quite get over the line last week.

Never mind just rest up easy pal. But make sure you hide those back x-rays from Hawthorn. :embarrassedv1:

Sorry mods had to get in in the icecream talk.

Pandan I love. It's the smell mostly with the durien - awful. O course, one is not allowed to carry it on public transport here. Stinks the place out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back