Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

#5 - Dylan Stephens
#26 - Will Gould
#36 - Elijah Taylor
#39 - Chad Warner

What a crazy year

In hindsight there did not seem to be much depth after the first round. Rivers, Riccardi, Frederick and Close are probably the ones who have had the best careers. A Keidean Coleman bid would have been matched by Brisbane.

As much as people bemoan not taking Serong with pick 5. Will Day probably ends up being the better player available. Though I don't think we were ever linked to him.

It's fredworthy because of Warner current topics and the fact the club had to wade through Stephens, Gould and Taylor before finally taking Warner off the line. Goes a long way to identify the unpredictability of teenagers

Is that thread worthy? Where's the discussion?

Yes we drafted duds and then we drafted Warner.

Does this really need its own thread? It was five years ago, who cares????

Missing Serong and taking Stephens shouldn't be forgotten. We laud our recruiters but this was a definite miss.

Don't get me wrong, we're miles in front and our recruiting team are the best in the bsuiness, but refusing to acknowledge a mistake is the first step to mediocrity.

Missing Serong and taking Stephens shouldn't be forgotten. We laud our recruiters but this was a definite miss.

Don't get me wrong, we're miles in front and our recruiting team are the best in the bsuiness, but refusing to acknowledge a mistake is the first step to mediocrity.
Every single club in the league would have, at one time or another and with the gift of hindsight, taken different players in any particular draft year, we are no exception.
No one has forgotten or is refusing to acknowledge taking Stephens over Serong was a mistake, Beatson basically admitted to such only recently, but I just don't see why that particular draft year needs its own thread.

BUMP !

Only one entry received so far for “The Quiz” - you still have until the first bounce vs GWS tomorrow
to have a crack. As a former PM once said: “If you have a go, you’ll get a go” ….. or was it “If you have
a go, you’ve gotta go” ? I forget. Anyway …...

BUMP !

Only one entry received so far for “The Quiz” - you still have until the first bounce vs GWS tomorrow
to have a crack. As a former PM once said: “If you have a go, you’ll get a go” ….. or was it “If you have
a go, you’ve gotta go” ? I forget. Anyway …...

I don't reckon I could answer half those questions, even with the help of Mr Google!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE QUIZ ……. has dropped !!!!

#1 - Peter Bedford, the 1970 Brownlow medalist was also a talented cricketer. What was Bedford’s top score and
only century in the Sheffield Shield, who was it against and where and in what season did this happen ? (4 points)

View attachment 2023176

#2 - Still on Bedford - What were Bedford’s best first class bowling figures, against which team and where and
what type of bowler was he ? (4 points)

#3 - Still on bloody Bedford - how many goals did he kick for Port Melbourne in the 1967 VFA Grand Final against Dandenong, who won the game and what did Alan Osborne do to him in the first quarter ? (3 points)

View attachment 2023177

#4 - The 1945 VFL Grand Final between South Melbourne and Carlton was was noted and remembered for its rough play and a number of violent incidents. Who won ? How many players were reported ? and what nickname did this game take
on over the years due to it being one of the roughest in league history ? (3 points)

View attachment 2023185

#5 - Did Warwick Capper sleep with Leanne Edelsten and did Geoffrey care ? Capper’s 1985 hit single "I Only Take What's Mine” - was that about Leanne ? What was the most goals the Wiz kicked in a season, when was that and in what year was he awarded the Mark of the Year ? (6 points)

View attachment 2023179View attachment 2023180

#6 - Ask Kevin Sheedy and he’ll tell you that Graham Teasdale was the worst Brownlow Medalist of all time and that wasn’t for his choice of a shit brown velvet suit. Who did Sheedy believe shoulda, coulda, woulda won Charlie in 1977 and how many votes did “Teaser” poll to win ? (2 points)

View attachment 2023186

#7 - In 1976 after school on a Friday afternoon a few of my colleagues and I from Melbourne High School and went to the MCG to watch the last session of a Shield game between Victoria (who were fielding) and South Australia. We were kicked out of the ground for sledging Ian Redpath who was at 1st slip and kept turning around at us upon hearing our comments.
Many players were pissing themselves laughing. What were we calling out ? Hint - something to do with his neck and it rhymes with his name. (3 points)

View attachment 2023181

#8 - Brian Roberts was a part of the John Pitura trade with the Tigers. Which other players were involved ?
What was Robert’s nickname and what was the name of the pub he ran in South Melbs ? (4 points)

View attachment 2023183

#9 - With the benefit of hindsight was it a good idea for St Kilda to recruit Dan Hannebery from the Swans ? (2 points)

View attachment 2023182

#10 - Joel Amartey had a day out against the Crows last game, kicking 9.1 from 10 kicks. Where did the Swans recruit him from and when was that ? (2 points)

View attachment 2023187

Bonus Question - should a tie breaker be required: Who wins on Saturday - GWS vs Swans ? and pick the margin.

Please note rules of engagement:

Not sure I want to 'out' myself as a know nothing supporter. Great quiz, surely bedford has this in the bag

Sydney races called off , must be bad
Horses can't have soft ground when they run. It's not the rain that's the issue there but how sturdy the turf is. They could break a leg if the foot gets caught. So even if the rain did stop they would have to inspect the track.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Horses can't have soft ground when they run. It's not the rain that's the issue there but how sturdy the turf is. They could break a leg if the foot gets caught. So even if the rain did stop they would have to inspect the track.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The joint covered stadium and race track looks better all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back