Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pity. Brian was pretty entertaining and not remotely offensive
Yeah, I don't get why some on here are so negative towards posters from other teams posting on here. I understand that some of them can be rude or obnoxious, but Brian was definitely not in that camp, I found him particularly entertaining.

Random thought that just occurred to me, but you know who you don't hear about anymore? Braeden Campbell and Errol Gulden. Those two were once like a package deal and every second bit of media and social media of each of those guys involved the other in some way. Can't remember the last time I saw them together. Hope they're still close.

Random thought that just occurred to me, but you know who you don't hear about anymore? Braeden Campbell and Errol Gulden. Those two were once like a package deal and every second bit of media and social media of each of those guys involved the other in some way. Can't remember the last time I saw them together. Hope they're still close.
That's pretty true, aye! I guess the spotlight is all on Errol nowadays. We don't really see fringe players attract a lot of media attention, and no disrespect to Braeden, but that is what he is at the moment.

That's pretty true, aye! I guess the spotlight is all on Errol nowadays. We don't really see fringe players attract a lot of media attention, and no disrespect to Braeden, but that is what he is at the moment.
Obviously Errol is a really extraordinary talent, but they are both great stories - and different stories - of rising to senior AFL in non-traditional ways.

Errol with his Turkish immigrant father being a serious soccer player back home in Turkey, and running a cafe in Maroubra that Swans players would frequent.

Braeden coming from a Sydney private school that is a major player in the rugby union ecosystem and which is probably unsupportive to non-rugby talent. (Although I’ve heard they do now field at least one Aussie Rules team. Very different to somewhere like Xavier College in Melbourne.)

Obviously Errol is a really extraordinary talent, but they are both great stories - and different stories - of rising to senior AFL in non-traditional ways.

Errol with his Turkish immigrant father being a serious soccer player back home in Turkey, and running a cafe in Maroubra that Swans players would frequent.

Braeden coming from a Sydney private school that is a major player in the rugby union ecosystem and which is probably unsupportive to non-rugby talent. (Although I’ve heard they do now field at least one Aussie Rules team. Very different to somewhere like Xavier College in Melbourne.)
Absoloutely, I agree. I think once we see Braeden settle into a position he can call his own and also play to the potential we know he can, we will begin to see the media speak more of him and that story. I mean, no one spoke about Amartey, and then he kicks 9 goals and all of a sudden he pops up with an interview here and there.

Not even general media, also social media. I follow all our players and Gulden is joined at the hip with Warner and a few others, whilst Campbell is MIA. People change, especially athletes once they're in an elite system with 40 other blokes with varying personalities. But hopefully those two are still close mates given their shared history together as juniors.

Not even general media, also social media. I follow all our players and Gulden is joined at the hip with Warner and a few others, whilst Campbell is MIA. People change, especially athletes once they're in an elite system with 40 other blokes with varying personalities. But hopefully those two are still close mates given their shared history together as juniors.
Seems a bit odd that they're not as close. But perhaps their bond was coming through the academy together and as they've matured they've realised they don't have all that much in common. But generally coming through the same program together as kids you'd think they'd have a close bond that would continue on given they joined the club at the same time as well.

Maybe just different personality types at the end of the day and have settled into different social groups within the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems a bit odd that they're not as close. But perhaps their bond was coming through the academy together and as they've matured they've realised they don't have all that much in common. But generally coming through the same program together as kids you'd think they'd have a close bond that would continue on given they joined the club at the same time as well.

Maybe just different personality types at the end of the day and have settled into different social groups within the club.
I hope there is no bitterness or envy involved as well. Prior to the two being drafted, we all thought Braeden was going to be the star of the two. It got to the point where many posters on here (if my memory is not deceiving me) were even saying that if another club bid on Errol before pick 20, we should Pass as to not put ourselves into a deficit. And now look at Errol, not just one of the best at the club, but in the entire league.

Or we all could just be looking way too much into it and there is nothing wrong whatsoever.

I hope there is no bitterness or envy involved as well. Prior to the two being drafted, we all thought Braeden was going to be the star of the two. It got to the point where many posters on here (if my memory is not deceiving me) were even saying that if another club bid on Errol before pick 20, we should Pass as to not put ourselves into a deficit. And now look at Errol, not just one of the best at the club, but in the entire league.

Or we all could just be looking way too much into it and there is nothing wrong whatsoever.
More than likely there's nothing to it.

But if I was in Braeden's shoes, I wouldn't feel bitterness, but I would be a little self-conscious that Gulden has become a superstar of the comp, and here I am barely hanging onto my place in the team, especially after being seen as the more talented of the two. Would be a bit difficult to accept seeing others progress ahead of schedule while you're lagging behind.

More than likely there's nothing to it.

But if I was in Braeden's shoes, I wouldn't feel bitterness, but I would be a little self-conscious that Gulden has become a superstar of the comp, and here I am barely hanging onto my place in the team, especially after being seen as the more talented of the two. Would be a bit difficult to accept seeing others progress ahead of schedule while you're lagging behind.

or campbell might just be wanting to keep a low profile and focus on getting his game right so he can be that genuinely excellent senior player i think he will become ... can't imagine they're suddenly no longer mates

But they had such a challenging run up until now..
Oh the poor Blues have had a shocking draw. They have been forced to play the Tiggers (17th) and Norf (18th)… twice.

It is inhumane I tell ya.

Imagine if we gave Essendon their first finals win in a millennium and then won the flag.
No one and I do mean NO ONE wants their team to be the one who cracks the best streak in AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back