Potential Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is mentioning that we need a defender to cover our loses and to add some depth to the team.. yes i agree so why dont we go for
BRIAN LAKE???

he has asked to be traded from doggies and is south australian so lure him and revive the all australian's career.

The only thing is if eade gets assistant job then this may not happen considering their relationship at doggies

Wouldn't even consider Brian Lake.

Apart from the fact he doesn't suit us age wise, he also doesn't address a prime need (at this point in time).

And Tippett will star next year, would be lunacy to trade him - and if we did, it'd have to be for a Day type.

Once we learn to use Tippett properly, and Walker learns how to benefit from having Kurt there, he'll once again be our most important player.

With decent delivery, he's unstoppable, he draws defenders, and he frees up other players.

Won't happen but just for some fun:

Gunston to WB for Howard

Knights, Maric & Douglas to GWS for 17 Year Old picks 1&2 (O'Meara & Kennedy)

Compo Pick (Davis) & Pick 10 to GC for Pick 4 (Wingard)

Draft picks can be swapped as well.......

wont happen but would be great, 3 SA boys.

Everyone is mentioning that we need a defender to cover our loses and to add some depth to the team.. yes i agree so why dont we go for
BRIAN LAKE???

he has asked to be traded from doggies and is south australian so lure him and revive the all australian's career.

The only thing is if eade gets assistant job then this may not happen considering their relationship at doggies
Do not want. No, no, no, no, no.

Firstly, he's on a whacking great big contract that only WB can afford (by virtue of placing him on the veterans list). Secondly, he has major injury problems. Thirdly, he's no longer anywhere close to AFL standard fitness. Fourthly, we already have his position (FB) covered by a better player (Rutten). Fifthly, we're rebuilding and the last thing we need is a 30yo broken down, unfit, overpaid defender.
Won't happen but just for some fun:

Gunston to WB for Howard

Knights, Maric & Douglas to GWS for 17 Year Old picks 1&2 (O'Meara & Kennedy)

Compo Pick (Davis) & Pick 10 to GC for Pick 4 (Wingard)

Draft picks can be swapped as well.......

wont happen but would be great, 3 SA boys.
Firstly the good news - Gunston <--> Howard is probably fair & reasonable.

Now to the rest of it..

First rule of trading - you don't trade 3 average players and expect to get a superstar in return. In other words, trading Knights, Maric & Douglas wouldn't get us either O'Meara or Kennedy, let alone both. Our best (only) shot at getting Kennedy (we won't get O'Meara) is to trade the Davi$ compo pick to GWS.

Trading 2x 1st round picks for a higher 1st round pick is a really bad idea, especially given the lack of depth we have already.

Gunston to WB for Howard (could happen - we'd actually want more than Howard on exposed form)

Knights, Maric & Douglas to GWS for 17 Year Old picks 1&2 (O'Meara & Kennedy) (whoa - never going to happen. Not even for one pick)

Compo Pick (Davis) & Pick 10 to GC for Pick 4 (Wingard) (so you want to trade what will be pick 7 next year and pick ten this year for pick 4? No thanks!)

Now let me try being silly ...
Knights to WB for Howard.
Maric and our third round to Richmond for their second (38) and fourth round.
Douglas and 38 to GWS for their last first round pick (15) and Darren Pfeiffer or Brayden O'Hara [insert best SANFL mid here)
Tippett to GCS for pick 4 (get him a year early, and guarantees it)
Davis selection to GWS for Kennedy.
Gunston to North Melbourne for 18 and Garlett. Or perhaps to Hawthorn for Schoenmakers, who we'll put in the forward line.

Leaves us with picks 4, 10, 15, 18 and a fourth rounder for best available mature age backup ruck. Draft Wingard, Grigg, McKenzie and Talia.

All of a sudden another quiet trade week, might turn into one of Adelaide's most active of recent years!!

Matthew Rendall put aside the richard tambling trade, become who you were born to be...(insert pro LOTR theme)

Do not want. No, no, no, no, no.

Firstly, he's on a whacking great big contract that only WB can afford (by virtue of placing him on the veterans list). Secondly, he has major injury problems. Thirdly, he's no longer anywhere close to AFL standard fitness. Fourthly, we already have his position (FB) covered by a better player (Rutten). Fifthly, we're rebuilding and the last thing we need is a 30yo broken down, unfit, overpaid defender.

Firstly the good news - Gunston <--> Howard is probably fair & reasonable.

Now to the rest of it..

First rule of trading - you don't trade 3 average players and expect to get a superstar in return. In other words, trading Knights, Maric & Douglas wouldn't get us either O'Meara or Kennedy, let alone both. Our best (only) shot at getting Kennedy (we won't get O'Meara) is to trade the Davi$ compo pick to GWS.

Trading 2x 1st round picks for a higher 1st round pick is a really bad idea, especially given the lack of depth we have already.

yeah i guess so, very good point

Gunston to WB for Howard (could happen - we'd actually want more than Howard on exposed form)

Knights, Maric & Douglas to GWS for 17 Year Old picks 1&2 (O'Meara & Kennedy) (whoa - never going to happen. Not even for one pick)

Compo Pick (Davis) & Pick 10 to GC for Pick 4 (Wingard) (so you want to trade what will be pick 7 next year and pick ten this year for pick 4? No thanks!)

Now let me try being silly ...
Knights to WB for Howard.
Maric and our third round to Richmond for their second (38) and fourth round.
Douglas and 38 to GWS for their last first round pick (15) and Darren Pfeiffer or Brayden O'Hara [insert best SANFL mid here)
Tippett to GCS for pick 4 (get him a year early, and guarantees it)
Davis selection to GWS for Kennedy.
Gunston to North Melbourne for 18 and Garlett. Or perhaps to Hawthorn for Schoenmakers, who we'll put in the forward line.

Leaves us with picks 4, 10, 15, 18 and a fourth rounder for best available mature age backup ruck. Draft Wingard, Grigg, McKenzie and Talia.

Probably a reasonable assessment of what could happen, assuming we're THAT active.

Personally I'm leaning towards thinking Tippett will stay. Although I could see us shopping around Douglas and Knights.

I hope we grab Ed Lower with a low pick in the draft. There is no doubt if he makes it back to Norwood he will dominate with Bass. Get in straight away....

Also I would like to see Pfeiffer given a chance. Again I think we will need to grab him late in the draft otherwise he will get snapped up.... Cant help but think GWS will be all over him....

And I would like to see Nick Liddle given a chance. The guy oozes class. Rookie list him:thumbsu:

I hope we grab Ed Lower with a low pick in the draft. There is no doubt if he makes it back to Norwood he will dominate with Bass. Get in straight away....

Also I would like to see Pfeiffer given a chance. Again I think we will need to grab him late in the draft otherwise he will get snapped up.... Cant help but think GWS will be all over him....

And I would like to see Nick Liddle given a chance. The guy oozes class. Rookie list him:thumbsu:

We'd have to trade with GWS for Pfeiffer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^
Fairly confident that they will pick him up kung fu?

Well GC didn't even end up using all of their previously listed or nominated players last year. If we intend on pciking him up for the senior list, the best and cheapest way will be to do a swap with GWS. Maybe trade our 2nd for Pfeiffer & GWS' second, not unlike what was done with Phillips et al. Depends on how GWS & we rate him ultimately. I wouldn't be surprised if Silvagni, Stibberd and co were taking the previously listed player concession much more seriously than GC. I think that was a massive stuff up by Clayton and co. Mzungu, Puopolo, Duigan, Curnow etc could all have been on their list for nothing, but they passed on the last three picks, and traded Mzungu away for peanuts.

No to Lower because we have enough injury prone players.
Agree about Pfeiffer.
Haven't seen enough of Liddle to comment on him.
I like to rookie list either O'Hara or Spurr.

Well GC didn't even end up using all of their previously listed or nominated players last year. If we intend on pciking him up for the senior list, the best and cheapest way will be to do a swap with GWS. Maybe trade our 2nd for Pfeiffer & GWS' second, not unlike what was done with Phillips et al. Depends on how GWS & we rate him ultimately. I wouldn't be surprised if Silvagni, Stibberd and co were taking the previously listed player concession much more seriously than GC. I think that was a massive stuff up by Clayton and co. Mzungu, Puopolo, Duigan, Curnow etc could all have been on their list for nothing, but they passed on the last three picks, and traded Mzungu away for peanuts.
Good point and I see where you're coming from. I hope we have a crack at a couple of the guys in the SANFL such as Pfeiffer, Suckling, Allen (not sure how old he is) etc as these guys would instantly improve our current list and could stay with us for quiet a while and would be better then having a crack at an 18 year old at pick 50+ in a weak draft...

i think knights would be a good fit for st kilda, how old is he?

the saints have pick 20, what do you think he would be worth?

Knights is 24. Most posters seem to believe his value is somewhere between a 20-25 pick. IMO would think his value has dropped slightly to be a little lower than that (24-29) but I would certainly entertain a deal involving Armitage. Maybe something in the vicinity of Armitage + 2nd Pick for Knights. Factor in that any deal involving Picks would obviously be influenced by the lack of depth in the draft this year so maybe even a 1 round pick from you isn't out of the question. However, it appears that he doesn't want to leave so a deal is probably off the table

Knights is 24. Most posters seem to believe his value is somewhere between a 20-25 pick. IMO would think his value has dropped slightly to be a little lower than that (24-29) but I would certainly entertain a deal involving Armitage. Maybe something in the vicinity of Armitage + 2nd Pick for Knights. Factor in that any deal involving Picks would obviously be influenced by the lack of depth in the draft this year so maybe even a 1 round pick from you isn't out of the question. However, it appears that he doesn't want to leave so a deal is probably off the table

is he contracted?

One that wouldn't leave Essendon (hates to travel so imagining him having to play away from SA every second week!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back