Potential Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunston to WB for Howard (could happen - we'd actually want more than Howard on exposed form)

Knights, Maric & Douglas to GWS for 17 Year Old picks 1&2 (O'Meara & Kennedy) (whoa - never going to happen. Not even for one pick)

Compo Pick (Davis) & Pick 10 to GC for Pick 4 (Wingard) (so you want to trade what will be pick 7 next year and pick ten this year for pick 4? No thanks!)

Now let me try being silly ...
Knights to WB for Howard.
Maric and our third round to Richmond for their second (38) and fourth round.
Douglas and 38 to GWS for their last first round pick (15) and Darren Pfeiffer or Brayden O'Hara [insert best SANFL mid here)
Tippett to GCS for pick 4 (get him a year early, and guarantees it)
Davis selection to GWS for Kennedy.
Gunston to North Melbourne for 18 and Garlett. Or perhaps to Hawthorn for Schoenmakers, who we'll put in the forward line.

Leaves us with picks 4, 10, 15, 18 and a fourth rounder for best available mature age backup ruck. Draft Wingard, Grigg, McKenzie and Talia.

I like your silly. Been thinking since the weekend we should just shake the place up, get as many picks as we can for players we don't feel are going to be around after the next few years. Draft a ton of quality young guys, blood them next year, likely bottom out again, pick up more good players through the super draft and start again.

I like your silly. Been thinking since the weekend we should just shake the place up, get as many picks as we can for players we don't feel are going to be around after the next few years. Draft a ton of quality young guys, blood them next year, likely bottom out again, pick up more good players through the super draft and start again.

Yeah I agree. Even though its an average draft, that may mean other clubs are happy to pass on their picks because of the slim pickings, once you get down to preferences and priorities.

Just as I started to think we could avoid a serious bottom out, everything has fallen to shit since Davis left. Embrace it. Come back a gun team in 2014 in time for the AO.

Rather this straight swap over a Ben Warren for Jack Gunston like some people have been predicting

Not one person has suggested this. Not one.

Not at all.

Maric will leave to seek more opportunities. He is not needed at Adelaide.
Nason is 19 with planty of upside despite suffering from the second year blues. His pace and flair in the forward line would benefit us greatly.

Nason is 22 yo. Mature recruit.

Not at all.

Maric will leave to seek more opportunities. He is not needed at Adelaide.
Nason is 19 with planty of upside despite suffering from the second year blues. His pace and flair in the forward line would benefit us greatly.

Nason was a speccy late pick that hasn't paid off and your happy to trade someones elses failure for Maric? Slight issue that he cant kick and we know how many of those we have already.

Nason was a speccy late pick that hasn't paid off and your happy to trade someones elses failure for Maric? Slight issue that he cant kick and we know how many of those we have already.

Hasn't paid off? He's had injury worries. So did Scott Thompson before he came across. Anyway, I didn't notice any kicking deficiencies in the games I watched. All I'm saying is I'd rather take a known quantity over draft picks in what isn't a particularly strong draft. Especially if we have need of someone who plays in his position.

Sorry Kung Fu - 22 he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best friend is at the Richmond B&F as I type, Nason is on a plane to Adelaide tomorrow, straight from his mouth.

Thats no suprise considering he is likely delisted and at best (for him) he is traded to Adelaide.

You know this is a bad deal when you see the jubilation on the Richmond board following any mention of Maric for Nason. It's like us getting anyone for cook.

Nason for Maric. Straight swap - no picks. I'd be happy with that.
Geezus%20-%20Give%20us%20a%20Warning%20before%20you%20post%20that%20shit.png

Thought I might get started early with the long, pointless, incredibly unlikely, fantasy trades.

Maric + sweetener (Upgrade of 1st rounder?) ---> Richmond for Bock Compo Pick

Gunston + Bock Compo Pick + sweetener (2nd rounder?) ---> Bulldogs for Ward Compo Pick

If we can get these two trades over the line, we can either save our two first round compo picks for next year, OR

Ward Compo Pick + Davis Compo pick + Armstrong (if required)---> GWS for TWO of the following
pick 1 in the mini-draft (O'Meara)
pick 2 in the mini-draft (Kennedy)
A top 3 pick in this year's draft (Wingard)

I've said it in a couple of threads now, as have others, but we have a genuine chance to grab two genuine midfield talents here. Unless someone pulls the trigger on a genuine star for a mini-draft pick, if we had two band two compo picks, we'd be in a better position than anyone for Kennedy and O'Meara.

This is unrealistic in terms of complexity, but are the individual trades equitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back