Potential Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heard Russell name mentioned a bit but I'm not too sure we need another half back flanker.

Who do you think Carlton will have up on the trade blocks?

Heard Russell name mentioned a bit but I'm not too sure we need another half back flanker.

Who do you think Carlton will have up on the trade blocks?

No clues really...Russell does seem the most likely in terms of thereabouts value, but others have him staying unquestionably.

McCarthy maybe another in terms of value, not sure that he would or could be considered though.

Pick 22 or whatever we end up with may go close, but maybe not close enough.

For one reason or another the rest of our SA boys are likely unsuited...Gibbs, Duigan, Austin & Rhys O'Keefe.

As we need midfielders and fast crumbing forwards, I would target players like Jeff Garlett or Kane Lucas if Carlton were chasing Gunner.

Would he come to Adelaide?

Why not bypass Adelaide and have a 3 way trade with Fremantle.

Gunston to Carlton, Lucas to Fremantle and the Dockers compo pick (or their first round pick) to Adelaide.

un related to Dandy Go post

are we able to ban some of the trolls proposing stupid bloody trades? it is our board so we can have as many stupid ones as well like :D

We'll keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't reach epidemic levels like it did last year. If it does we'll clamp down on it.

You should see some of the trade proposals we've actually deleted so far this year ;)

Thought I might get started early with the long, pointless, incredibly unlikely, fantasy trades.

Maric + sweetener (Upgrade of 1st rounder?) ---> Richmond for Bock Compo Pick

Gunston + Bock Compo Pick + sweetener (2nd rounder?) ---> Bulldogs for Ward Compo Pick

If we can get these two trades over the line, we can either save our two first round compo picks for next year, OR

Ward Compo Pick + Davis Compo pick + Armstrong (if required)---> GWS for TWO of the following
pick 1 in the mini-draft (O'Meara)
pick 2 in the mini-draft (Kennedy)
A top 3 pick in this year's draft (Wingard)

I've said it in a couple of threads now, as have others, but we have a genuine chance to grab two genuine midfield talents here. Unless someone pulls the trigger on a genuine star for a mini-draft pick, if we had two band two compo picks, we'd be in a better position than anyone for Kennedy and O'Meara.

This is unrealistic in terms of complexity, but are the individual trades equitable?

the band 2 compo picks are locked to yours and the dogs ladder position even if they are traded.

My understanding is that there is not a lot of love between Voss and Polec, if I was Noble and Matt R whether its this year or next I would most definitely target him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No clues really...Russell does seem the most likely in terms of thereabouts value, but others have him staying unquestionably.

McCarthy maybe another in terms of value, not sure that he would or could be considered though.

Pick 22 or whatever we end up with may go close, but maybe not close enough.

For one reason or another the rest of our SA boys are likely unsuited...Gibbs, Duigan, Austin & Rhys O'Keefe.

Kernahan was on 5AA tonight, and he mentioned Russell as a trade for Gunston, although he said that Carlton would prefer to keep him.

IMO Russell is the player that Carlton would be offering for Gunston.

I don't mind Russell, but I see Gunston's long term potential being well in excess of Russell who is a handy player, without having any pretensions to star quality.

Kernahan was on 5AA tonight, and he mentioned Russell as a trade for Gunston, although he said that Carlton would prefer to keep him.

IMO Russell is the player that Carlton would be offering for Gunston.

I don't mind Russell, but I see Gunston's long term potential being well in excess of Russell who is a handy player, without having any pretensions to star quality.

I would consider the trade

Russell Finished 2nd in the Blues B&F last season

What is he 25yrs?, he would comes with solid experience and could play 100+ games for the club, this is the right age we should target given the profile of our list.

I also like his run, carry and ball use :thumbsu:

My understanding is that there is not a lot of love between Voss and Polec, if I was Noble and Matt R whether its this year or next I would most definitely target him

Why did Polec sign a contract extension? and why do you think there is not a lot of love between them?

This is apparently ambiguous in the rules at the moment and the clubs are seeking clarification.

I'm sure I have seen Emma Quayle and Jason Phelan post it on twitter.

Don't rate Russell. IMO he's one of those guys who plays well when the team is winning.. but when the going gets tough he struggles. Didn't think he'd make it a few years ago, was certain he'd get delisted but a credit to him for becoming a solid footballer. He's not what we need.

is Lucas better than Pfeiffer?

We should definitely look at Pfeiffer. But to extend on this point, Lucas before being drafted was highly rated and to some was a slider in his draft. He is young and someone who if the option arises we should look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back